View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:40 PM
If you buy a pet then it should be neutered..If you buy a show quality dog then it should prove its a good specimen before becoming breeding stock

Why would you breed from a rescue if its not your lines? whose lines are you continuing?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Dawn can you please explain why they are a disgrace.

Firstly both bitches had a really good heritage and health scores, plus it was not their fault that they had to be re-homed. So what difference does it make whether they are purchased a puppies or re-homed as youngsters (2-3 year olds).

What really matters is that they are loved and all the puppies go to good homes.

So are you saying that you only buy a puppy with the intend to breed from her, or do you buy a pet and then breed from her. The only differance is that these two bitches had been re-homed. Plus as I said they were only breed from the once to continual the respective breed lines.
I honestly cant be bothered argiung ethics of breeding with you Colin, your posts read like "other" members that were on here, im not interested. if people you know want to rehome rescue dogs and breed from them, let them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
If you buy a pet then it should be neutered..If you buy a show quality dog then it should prove its a good specimen before becoming breeding stock

Why would you breed from a rescue if its not your lines? whose lines are you continuing?
Good point, but its a cheap way of making a few quid. I would assume the breeder kept the best in their opinion to continue the lines, not sold them, they would be pet quality.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Colin
Well I've read through all this thread and to be perfectly honest I really don't see what the problem is. I know of 2 people that have rescued dobes and breed from the bitches just the once to continual the breed line as both had really good health scores and were full pedigrees.

As far as I'm concerned so long as Jessica's bitch is fully registered & health checked and is looked after properly and the pups all find really good homes and the breeding is just not for financial reasons then I just don't see that it has got anything to do with us.
I would assume, that these 2 people knew the lines the dogs came from, and had the papers handed over to them along with said dogs?? enabling them to KC register them, otherwise there will be no proof of continuing the line .

As far a Jessica's case... I think there is a big difference between having one of your own pups back (one you have bred) and deciding to add it to your breeding programme, as long as said dog comes up to standard... as you will know the lines /parentage and health of ancesetors.

Opposed to just taking in a rescue... without a history, then deciding to breed from it....

Hopefully it is not the later of th two.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:47 PM
This thread makes me really uncomfortable. I would like to think that open discussion could take place without an individual being labelled and judged without even being aware that this was the case . Please could we back off until Jessica has had a chance to read the whole thread. That way if she wishes to post she can.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Great posts Boobie and Colin I've reppied you both. Where
breeder bashing again I see, no wonder I cant be bothered to post on here anymore, some of you only see one side to every argument.
Rescues and rehomes happen for loads of reason and we dont know the ins and outs of this particular case. My friend took one of her dogs back because it was being mistreated she subsequently mated her to try to calm her aggresion down (it worked by the way) but by your way of thinking shed be classed as a rescue.
By the way it might have been nicer if one of you had pmed Jessica first with your worries instead of finding an old thread, resureccting it and starting yet another witch hun.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
breeder bashing again I see, no wonder I cant be bothered to post on here anymore, some of you only see one side to every argument.
Rescues and rehomes happen for loads of reason and we dont know the ins and outs of this particular case. My friend took one of her dogs back because it was being mistreated she subsequently mated her to try to calm her aggresion down (it worked by the way) but by your way of thinking shed be classed as a rescue.By the way it might have been nicer if one of you had pmed Jessica first with your worries instead of finding an old thread, resureccting it and starting yet another witch hun.
YES she would and if she was aggressive she would NEVER be bred from..

Mated her to calm her down!!!!!!
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:53 PM
My friend took one of her dogs back because it was being mistreated she subsequently mated her to try to calm her aggresion down (it worked by the way)
I haven't had time to read through this thread in it's entirity but this shocked me What if she passed her aggressive tendancies onto the pups?? Most people try to avoid breeding from aggressive dogs!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Rescues and rehomes happen for loads of reason and we dont know the ins and outs of this particular case. My friend took one of her dogs back because it was being mistreated she subsequently mated her to try to calm her aggresion down (it worked by the way) but by your way of thinking shed be classed as a rescue.
By the way it might have been nicer if one of you had pmed Jessica first with your worries instead of finding an old thread, resureccting it and starting yet another witch hun.
I thought you'd pop along MS.

I would doubt "ressurecting an old" thread was anything to do with it, its a genuine and valid question and casts doubt over a member lying about spaying and rehoming one day, then breeding from the dog a few days after that, no witch hunt, just concerned. I regularly look at peoples profiles if I like (or dislike) posts made by them, Jessica's website is in her profile, its not rocket science is it!

Ill tell you one thing about Jessica, she would never breed from an aggressive Dog I know that for a fact, some people eh, these "old wives tales" keep cropping up.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Rescues and rehomes happen for loads of reason and we dont know the ins and outs of this particular case. My friend took one of her dogs back because it was being mistreated she subsequently mated her to try to calm her aggresion down (it worked by the way) but by your way of thinking shed be classed as a rescue.By the way it might have been nicer if one of you had pmed Jessica first with your worries instead of finding an old thread, resureccting it and starting yet another witch hun.

As I said, taking one of your own dogs back is a bit different from breeding from a true rescue.... but breeding from an aggressive dog!!!

We can only go on what people write, and when someone says the dog in not for breeding then is bred people will ask questions.... it is after all a public forum,

I dont think anyone on here is breeder bashing, if that was the case , all breeders here would have been bashed.... and that does not happen....

In fact I think people on this forum are remarkable tolerant , and it takes something spectacular for people to raise a worry..... you yourself had a litter, no one bashed you did they...

If breeding is done correctly with ethics and the welfare of the dogs at heart....I cant see anyone could possible have any worries...

There are forums out there who welcome , shall we say the less scrupulous breeder, and I am sure no one on here would advocate Dogsey going down that road.

Why is it when an unscrupulous breeder is questioned ( and I am not saying Jessica is)

That the forum suddenly becomes an anti breeders forum which is far from the truth.
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »