Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 06:12 PM

dumb question

Hi all...

stupid question coming up: I'm going to meet the puppies on saturday, and I've got a pretty nasty cold... would there be any way the puppies could catch it?? I really don't want to cause them any problems, and I've tried ringing my breeder but she's nearly impossible to get hold of!! I would feel awful if the pups caught my cold! ops:
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
probably not, but they are young and immune system hasnt developed fully yet. maybe if your feeling that bad you should stay away until your recovering?
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 06:16 PM
i really honestly dont know for sure and i am sure somebody will come along who does know but i would of thought the answer would be no the pups cant catch it. when we got max at 8 weeks we all immediately came down with a violent sickness bug all six of uus one after the other what with the pup it was nothing but sick wee and poo in our house!!! sorry! anyway max was tiny and we were all ill but he was fine
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Tuti Don't worry,colds are 'species specific' which means each breed gets their own including humans Diseases we all share are called 'zoonoses' isn't that a great name
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 06:45 PM
hehehh-- thanks for the reply Mini

I didn't think it would be a problem as my last dog never caught anything from us, but I was chatting to my sister and she thought it would be a good idea to check anyway - (i agree- better safe than sorry)

Also cos I don't want the breeder saying "you irresponsible cow u killed my best show dog there's no way ur gettin a puppy now" lol!!

I'm nervous about Saturday as she has told me there's no guarantee she will agree to let me have a pup until she's sure that I'll be a suitable owner... I understan where she's coming from and it's really great to get a puppy from someone who obviously cares so much about them, but......

:smt026 I am a suitable owner!! :smt026

Any last minute tips on choosing pups, questions to ask breeder, etc?

by the way, can anyone tell my what kind of numbers I can expect from eye/hip check certificates? she offered to show me but i have no idea what to look for lol
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Tuti I think you will find all you need in the two links below..try printing them out I think Shadow Boxer has covered most things

http://dogweb.co.uk/talk/dog3625.html

http://dogweb.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=8088