Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by bretto View Post
yea cheers . but he gets all that when he dose the right thing like wee one the paper he is rewarded but other times its like he dosnt care where he goes
You put paper down for him to toilet on ? not something I have ever done as you are training him it is ok to go indoors

Much better to take him out every couple of hours plus after he wakes up & after he has eaten, stay with him & not come in until he has "performed"then you can praise & treat. If he has an accident indoors, don't say anything & just clean it up(using bio wash liquid not bleach)

As to basic obedience training now is the right time you cannot start too early:smt002
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
You put paper down for him to toilet on ? not something I have ever done as you are training him it is ok to go indoors

Much better to take him out every couple of hours plus after he wakes up & after he has eaten, stay with him & not come in until he has "performed"then you can praise & treat. If he has an accident indoors, don't say anything & just clean it up(using bio wash liquid not bleach)

As to basic obedience training now is the right time you cannot start too early:smt002
great thanks for the reply although i am already awear of all your sugestions ta
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 01:52 AM
the pup sounds great, I would start now with training, I find staffies are really quick at picking up the clicker, one of the fastest learners I ever taught with the clicker is a staffie, she was amazing, she learned so much in a few short weeks, good luck, just enjoy your pup, set down the ground rules, keep it light and fun, with a short training sessions, prob a five min several times a day, shona x
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-07-2007, 04:19 AM
clicker ???????????????
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2007, 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by bretto View Post
clicker ???????????????
http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/ccp5...training.shtml

if you go onto youtube.com and search 'clicker' theres a quite a few vids of how to use it and people using it with their dogs.

the clicker is how most of kodis stuff has been taught

might want to put 'dog clicker' instead of just clicker, or else the horse/sheep etc. clicker vids come up too lol
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-07-2007, 04:52 AM
hahaha
cheers rose your a champ
talk later hun
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2