Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Cowboys then. But as I said, often not worth the capital outlay it's no way CHEAP.
You need to be young to do this I think, because it takes a long time to recoup the expense and start seeing the benefits. Even then, it does depend on the weather to some extent and this country can be a little iffy! I have a rather neurotic friend who had it installed, and she spends half her time worrying that so little is being generated. I was also a little miffed to discover that those of us without solar panels subsidise in some way the ones that have. I think that's right anyway.

Good lagging and double glazing is the way to go!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Thats OK then, I'm extremely well lagged. I think its 25 years to pay for it through the electricity generated. I thought well it will never be MY problem then, and went ahead and applied, but sadly I am facing in the wrong direction lol
I know a few people who do have it and they run everything for free, so it would be nice to have a tumble drier for instance and no worry about paying the bill, or put a fan on and not worry about what its costing, hey ho what you've never had you never miss.
Jenny, thank you for that kind thought.
Really warm tonight, all doors and windows open. I could sooo get used to this, sadly its raining again Monday and Tuesday
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 09:23 PM
I am just about to close all the doors and windows because his lordship is tired and is ready to sleep.

No Gordon for a couple of days I expect that he is out about showing off his newly shorn Scout. I love that dog!

Take care everyone and have a lovely day tomorrow. TW, the glass is already dropping slightly so that forecast might be right.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Got training tomorrow as well, oh well the rain may miss us yet, and the grass does need a bit of a water I have to admit.
I put citronella candles in lanterns and they are dotted on the wall and on the roofs of the kennels, they are still burning and look quite pretty now its dark.
Nite, enjoy your 'duties' cough....
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Evening,
A few round us have solar panels, I never bothered. Been lovely today and hopefully be as nice as they say tomorrow.
Going to get up early to take Rosie out
See ya all tomorrow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Evening all - sorry about the absence from posts - but have beeen having a catch up each evening. Bitkin you were nearly right about showing off Scout as the summer shows are just starting and she will be in the Black Fell Working Puppy classes at quite a few shows this summer. I am still quite heavily involved one way and another with the Lurchers so weekends I will be finding it very hard to keep posting. As I said before though I do a catch up each day as I don't trust you bunch of delinquents to be left totally unsupervised!!!! Bye fer now.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Evening all

Sounds like you are all having a pleasant evening, much like myself.

Had a lovely dinner of home made chilli tacos with home-made salsa. There is loads of chilli and salsa left as well, but it's getting saved for Monday for chilli dogs.

So far I've got three loads of washing through, got one in the dryer which is still a bit damp so will have to be put on again for a little while, and another load waiting. Got to iron kit for Davie and I tomorrow as we have a presentation to attend on Monday evening for a wee while. So fun and games.

Had a pleasant evening watching Elementary with Brian, and a new series he found which has connotations of Gary Tank Commander to it except set in America. First episode was funny, hoping the rest of the series will be the same. For now though, time for bed.

Night all, sweet dreams.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9