Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Evening all

Hi Sally, glad you haven't disappeared yet, and you've had just as productive a day as I have, but in a different kind of way, you've got yourself (and his lordship) all organised for the trip. These men just don't know what goes on behind the scenes do they, but they'd be totally lost without us doing all our organising, let alone all that clearing up of the crumbs!

June, oh dear oh dear, that's not good is it, I hate those porridgy orange or yellow poops, it does make me worry. Zena sometimes did those in the summer after a beach walk, but I used to think it was all the bacteria in the warm sea, and after our beach walk yesterday, all is fine from her rear end cos the water was quite cold (yes, I went in too!) so I think I'm right on that. She's got to have eaten something and that's probably, and hopefully, why the other girls (especially Mabs! ) haven't been affected. I do hope she gets better and soon, it's such a worry and you just don't know what to do, let alone the why's do you. All the best with her June.

Jen, Oh I can just imagine the pair of you sitting in the car overlooking that beautiful view you've got there chomping on hot pasties, but I don't believe you about the ice cream Jen

Jenny, haven't seen you since your dentist's trip (or maybe I've missed it), so I hope it all went well and the way you wanted it to, along with painfree of course, which of course, it wasn't, cos dentists never are, are they.

Linda, sorry to hear about Loki with his upset tum too, but I hope he's ok in himself. I saw a few cow pats myself on my walk this morning, so maybe with this warmer weather when it shouldn't be warm is a haven for the bugs out there lying in the wet leaves.

Ironing all done, and I've even got yet another pair of curtains ready for the smaller van ready to sew up tomorrow. The problem I have is, you just can't buy shorter curtains than a 54" so anytime I want to replace them in the vans, I've got to do all this blinking sewing I thought I'd get some nice, thick, heavier ones for my winter guests cos it might help to keep the warmth in. I don't want them running off to find somewhere warmer do I.

No news from the plumber about that fire, so I can only assume he fixed it, cos surely, if he couldn't then he would have rung me Why don't they think about their customers more

Sorry for anyone I missed, but I've been busy doing as usual instead of sitting at the puter, but that will all change once ity's all done! I wish I was the type who could leave stuff for another day but I just can't, it has to be done now, or better still yesterday, that's just me. I've run out of ooomph now along with Zena who is upside down at my feet, so I think I'll make some toast and get in the recliner and wind back Corrie cos I missed the first one tonight, so I can watch them both together if I time it right.

Night night all, see you in the morning, and if you're orf tomorrow old bean, have a safe journey and stay strong to do what you gotta do.xxxx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Lore, would you like some more creased clothes? I can help in your quest to stay mindless

TW, I know that she wasn't the worst but they were very tiny weren't they and perhaps it has left Keshi with a weakness Whatever is going on, I really need her to get better completely before Wednesday!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 07:24 PM
LOL no thank you Bitkin. I have enough of my own, two sets of cadet kit now to iron, mine and Davie's. Trying real hard to get through it over the next couple of days.

At some point, tomorrow probably, I'll get on with the paperwork for cadets. Should be fun getting it all caught up with and out of the way. Then back to the books. This time it's Why Is Religion Controversial. Really looking forward to getting into that one. Doesn't look as hard going as the other and there's no exam.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Evening all,

I had a filling and a root canal this morning which was OKish but a little sore when the injections wore off. I still won't know until next Monday whether the root will be OK to have a post in and new crown ... blooming well hope so after £250 The crown will be another £400 on top of that Rather than sit around this afternoon I decided to cut the grass, do the edges of the lawn and a mass of ironing ... which was great and took my mind off my tooth. I also cut my hair which now looks awful so have managed to make an appointment for Wednesday morning

Malka - I'm sorry you are having such an awful time at the moment . ((hugs)) ... I really hope things pick up for you very very soon.
L.S. - So pleased Loki seems to be in a settled period now .. long may it last. It did make me laugh that Michael wanted to chat at some unearthly time in the morning and then went back to sleep when you couldn't
Yes, I would rather it was you than me that had the dentist. What you mentioned about a bug going round with the dogs that last two weeks isn't good.
Helena - So pleased that your hairdresser was on form today You have had a great day haven't you what with the good news about the little van and hasn't the weather been fab
Lore - I am sorry that you've had such an awful day and hopefully that exam will have gone better than you thought. ((hugs)).
Lynn - I hope you get those questions answered quickly and sorry you had such a nightmare of walk with Dillon.
Lacey - It was reading your post about winterising your garden that spurred me into spending time the garden this afternoon.
Nippy - It sounds as though your day was lovely and what a hardship having to eat ice-cream .... you poor thing.
Hi Kazz, Azz,
Sally - Where are you off to? I've clearly missed something
June - Sorry that Keshi isn't fully recovered yet . Hopefully by the morning she will be fine. Such a worry for you isn't it. ((hugs)).

I need to post this now before anything else happens or you all go to bed
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Evening Sally and everyone. We still have the door open here it is nice and warm.
Gorden has told me the whole story about his card we are still none the wiser how they got the details.
They tried one shop and tried to purchase something for more than we had in our account so it didn't go through then they tried elsewhere for smaller amounts this concerned them so they blocked it. If we had of had the available money for the first try they would of paid it and however much else they could of got and then had to pay us back.

June sorry to hear Keshi is still not right.
Malka big (((hugs))).
Sally you have been very industrious getting ready for your trip.

Thank you everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Evening jenny. I have everything crossed the crown can be fitted.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening jenny. I have everything crossed the crown can be fitted.
Thanks Lynn as I'm not keen on the alternative That card fraud is dreadful isn't it and becoming so so common
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Aw Jenny - I hope it all works out okay with the crown, after all that!

Yes, my Michael is a little treasure!

NO. 1 daughter managed to rid herself of her second baby tooth tonight! Much celebrating and jubilations and I will be a pound down by tomorrow morning.

I mean the fairies will, of course, because thank goodness she still believes in them and the tooth is wrapped up by the side of her bed because the "fairy might not find it if it's under my pillow".
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not sure Gorden had a text from the fraud dept., Santander Late Saturday night which we missed but picked up Sunday morning but they were busy so it was done by automation. Someone in Brentwood America tried to spend £120 or so on his card number in a store. How they got the details goodness knows.
We had an account hacked a few years ago and had to have new cards. Someone also tried to buy magazines on line on his credit card a few years ago too the credit card people were suspicous and stopped the payment plus the time someone tried to spend £10 in a corner grocery shop on his credit card they stopped that too .
Good evening Lynn and all the gang

That really is terrible about the credit cards, we are trying to use ours much less now, but you can't get rid of them completely can you

I am guessing but I suppose the person in Brentwood America made a card and just 'dreamed up' a number to stamp on it which just happened to be your number and the store is one of those few that don't require a PIN as well, or it was both a criminal store employee and another person together.

Whatever, and however, they did it, still very scary and still involves you in wasted time and phone calls and all the worry.

Hope all the legal stuff gets sorted and you'll soon be on your way
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 07:45 PM
This is a rare occurrence H old bean - you posting during the evening that is I am pleased to see that you are now heading for the toaster and a Corrie session, because there is such a thing as overdoing it you know!

Jenny, I TOLD you that you shouldn't have thrown that crown away in temper They are a ridiculous price. I hope that you don't have much pain from that root work, you really would think that by now there would be a pain free way of dealing with teeth. I expect that your hairdresser will tut and frown whilst lifting up your hair and dropping it in disgust. I know someone who always cuts her own hair, and reckons that she does it better than the hairdress.........she clearly hasn't caught sight of the back

Lynn, have a big hug......just because.

Is Eileen still in the loo Better send her a doughnut or something
Page 9 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >