Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Evening all

Goodness, eight pages to read through tonight - and of course I have totally forgotten what was said in the early posts

Weatherwise, despite the ground being sodden from the previous day of rain, all the snow last night and this morning stuck fast and most of it is still there now.....waiting for more I suspect No walk today for Jimmi, but he is always really good about days like this even if it does take him an age to settle down in the evening.

Bev, I was rather cowardly last night and didn't voice what I was thinking - which was that one should be so careful of tailoring one's life and circumstances to suit a child or children. Yes of course we all make sacrifices in some way or another but you are making a monumental sacrifice which may well affect the rest of your life.........a life which in all probability will see your daughter getting on with her own life elsewhere thereby leaving you all on your own and regretting not moving to that dream house. It's none of my business I know, but please do think long and hard before it is too late.

H old bean, I was so sorry to read that Zena is limping badly on that foot, and do I remember rightly that it was the pad that was bleeding and not the actual claw Whatever, I hope that the savlon works wonders for it and perhaps a paddle in the sea might help too......although the sand probably might make her sore so perhaps that's not such a good idea.

TW, thank you for those pics George is honouring his promise to keep you informed isn't he and you must be so happy even though it is rather quiet without Ash (Junior?).

Lynn, as always I am thinking of you with all your trials and tribulations and let's hope that Dillon settles down after his little op next week. Our first dog Ben could smell a bitch in season five miles away, and got to the stage where he was no longer a pet - he wouldn't eat or tolerate attention from us and his whole being was focused on escaping and haring off to some distant farm or other. After the op, he was once again a lovely calm and happy dog.

Malka, first of all have a little something to eat so that you can take a tablet and then use a pack of something frozen on your face. If everything is worse tomorrow then you will have to go to hospital to be checked out and you know it.
Evening Sally. Poor Jimmi no walks today again I will jump for joy when spring arrives.
Dillon tends to be a little to over attentive at these times he is always a cuddly boy anyway bu the tends to become more cuddly when he is in this type of mood.

June I think they are walking really close to the house we have a parking area out the back wouldn't surprise me if they are walking her there to take her onto the field which is also outside our house. I don't know of anybody with a pedigree bitch nearby or who would know the first thing about responsible breeding near here so why would they keep a bitch in tact it is mostly bull breeds and crosses here.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
OK Malka, stop. You are not at fault. You are not well, and distracted by pain. It is easy to make a mistake like that. Pereg was okay so don't you dare blame yourself! You are not stupid, just in pain.

Secondly, I'm sure I've always been told you are not supposed to sleep if you have a concussion because it can cause fits, not sure how though. I could be wrong though.

Try to eat something so you can take your pills, you need them to heal the stuff going on down there. Look after yourself first or Pereg will have problems.

When you get over this, make sure you do a list of what Pereg needs, when she needs it and what she needs to be fed. That way people know what Pereg needs if there is an emergency. Someone else mentioned this earlier and it's a good idea.
The Pension can only give Pereg her Pb TID. Can not give her all her other supplements, not even her Milk Thistle and SAMe as it is too much work. They are not even happy about Pb TID and not regular BID. And no, they cannot feed her raw. All they can do is give her her Pb and will keep her in the store during the day so they can watch her , not in the large area for day care or boarding dogs.

And I can not risk leaving her because I know how to look after her, I know what supplements and vitamins she has, I know what food to give her each day. And I know when she needs a calming pill if she gets over excited or [cannot think of the English] starts showing signs maybe a seizure - I know her, I can understand things - they cannot.

Nearly 11pm so going to give her her final Pb for the day and then go to bed. But my head hurts so bad. Not taken any of the pills because cannot eat. Need to sleep so much.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Okay Malka, there's not much more I can say that will help you. I just hope you will be okay petal. Look after yourself and I hope you sleep well xx.

Believe it or not, the only thing I have done today is take Davie to get his hair cut, get some shopping and the dishes. The rest of the time I slept and I'm watching The Immortals with Davie and Brian.

I think after the movie I will do a little bit of study, or go have a game of monopoly with Davie, never got it last night.

Tomorrow...housework, got lots to do and lots to catch up with.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 09:40 PM
June - What lovely photos. Ash looks very very relaxed and his housemates certainly look very happy ... me thinks that Ash will want for nothing in his new home. The photo of Keshi is stunning!!

Sally - I'll join you with a drink from the bottle ... cheers

Malka - I hope you feel better after a good night sleep, and lets all hope its just been a bad dream
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Night night Malka hope you feel better tomorrow.
Lorraine glad you had a more relaxing day today.
I have had enough to drink from the magic bottle tonight so am retiring to bed more decorating here tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Lovely photos June, it's so good to see him happy.

I hope you get a good night's sleep Malka and think about getting some medical help in the morning if you don't feel any better.

Night all.
x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Lore, I am astonished But absolutely delighted!!! You have had a nice relaxing day, but don't go spoiling it tomorrow by overdoing it!

*raises glass to Jenny

May as well drink on here, because OH is probably watching either footie or war so no point going in the other room to join him

Blinky Vettel on pole tomorrow.........oh pleeeeeeeeeeese don't let him win. Come ON Lewis, get out and push if you have to.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 10:22 PM
I'll be watching it tomorrow. Hamilton has done pretty well though what with a new car etc. Did you read his autobiography ..... I really enjoyed it but as a result of reading it I really don't have any time for Alonso.

See you all tomorrow and I hope everyone gets a good night sleep.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Lewis is doing far better than anyone expected isn't he, and I will always support him no matter what.........such a nice boy!
Alonso has never been my favourite driver, given his behaviour a few seasons back

Nighty night Jenny and sleep well. xxx
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9