View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Brilliant news on all fronts - well done for not giving up on this old star, Denise. Give Mirk the Wonder Dog a huge hug from me please Oh and more piccies would be good too
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Brilliant news on all fronts - well done for not giving up on this old star, Denise. Give Mirk the Wonder Dog a huge hug from me please Oh and more piccies would be good too
Thank you everyone.

I will try to get more pics. Just got to get them uploaded to my pc. And hopefully a bit of video too of Mirk being super puppy nanny and some other stuff too!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Was just checking to see if there was anymore Mirk the wonder dog news!
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Was just checking to see if there was anymore Mirk the wonder dog news!
Mirk is really, really, well!

Every single day, he brings total peace and total joy to so many.

He is just a joy.

He hasn't wee'd anywhere innapropriate since two days after his first anti-testosterone injection. He has been happier than any living thing since that time. Honestly (and I like to think that all of my dogs have been seriously well cared for and looked after and have had happy experiences (mostly)), he is the happiest, most contented dog, I have had had the pleasure of sharing my life with, he just loves each second.

And it is trully inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He rolls in his bed most times he lies in it. He laps up the joy of comfort and safety and warmthm that most of us take for gratned!

He sleeps at my bedside and wags his tail each time I walk past him, to the toilet, or to make a cup of tea.....He rolls in the grass, the cow poo, the water filled pot holes, each time he gets a chance (he is the dirtiest mucky overgrown pup ever!).

Yesterday, someone described him as a teddy bear, 30 or more years old that had been "well loved and worn by that love". And that is surely how he looks. All worn out but loved.

In my life I must have known 10 thousand dogs, so far. But Mirk is the ONE that seems to have got the idea of living IN THE MOMENT.

He seems to love every minute of every day. He is so pleased to see everyone. He is so pleased to encounter everything. And he seems more content, with the very simplest of things, that he seems to think are massively significant.

A long time ago...... My friend once said to me, that Mirk knowns WHO he is. And she was right. He does. He is a dog who likes to make the most out of every situation. And he does!

However. I have to report with some glee, that Mirk, last weekend, was scared of seaweed! He freaked out at the prospect of crossing the seaweed to get to Connor who was chasing the ball that crossed the seaweed. And waves also where of great concern to him. But by the end of the holiday he regarded them with a kind of respectfull disdain.

4 days later, still surrounded by seaweed, he concluded that though it had never hurt him, and smelled funny, it was to be respected but JUMPED over. Really funny!

I can not tell you of the joy that Mirk has brought to all of us. EVERYONE, that meets Mirk, learns something about life.

I have photos. Well Mark has Photos, I will post them soon.

It is hoped that soon Mirk will be helping old ladies and gentleman, enjoy being old.

If ever there was an example of how to live out life, then it is Mirk.

For anyone who is not really clear on the matter at hand, Id like to report that Mirk is, without doubt, one of, if not THE best things that has happened to me, EVER!

I love all of my dogs very very deeply, they are all inspirational in their own amazing way. But MIRK has brought with him, a kind of peace to me, that if you can just manage to chill into the moment a bit, if you can just appreciate what it is that you HAVE got...... that life is full of joy.

Thank you for asking me of Mirk, you have reminded me of how lucky I am to have him. In a difficult time for me.

Mirk. Bless him and all those that meet him. You are blessed with the thought and memory of Mirk. For he is a total, total joy in every single moment. Of every sibgle day - even the tough ones!

Love to you all. Who care for his story.

Dx and of course MIRK XXXX
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Poor Mirk, everything crossed, we hope he's going to be ok xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Delighted to hear Mirk is thriving, just as we all knew he would.

Looking forward to seeing the photos as soon as you can - please?

Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Wonderful to hear he is doing so well, even if he is affraid of seaweed
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Glad he is thriving hun ...well done to you all xxxxxx
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Glad Mirk is ok, great news! xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Brilliant to have more news on Mirk - and that it is all good He sounds such a special boy, and I love your description of his view on life and also what he has brought into your life.

I have a photo that I will post, but unfortunately it is just a photo of a photo taken from a sheepdog book I have. It is of Thomas and Mirk at one of the many sheepdog trials they attended.
Page 9 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »