View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 08:10 PM
So glad that Lynn has been such a comfort to you through this rough time Bev, and also very pleased to hear you've finally got the help you need from the doc. I know those pills will give you those awful side effects at first, coz of what Dave went through with his, but hang on in there Bev coz in a couple of weeks' time they will subside and the pills will be a great benefit to help you get through, I can vouch for that with what I've seen with Dave. He has now been weaned off them, but without them, I really don't know what he would have done, it scares me to even think about it quite honestly.

Sending more ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) to you Bev, you really are one super strong woman ya know! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Oh, I'm so pleased that you managed even to talk through stuff with your friend, Lynn. That in itself will have at least eased your pressures a lot in itself and now that you have been to the doctor, the only way is up! Please remember to keep in close contact with your GP though, even if its just a chat, also as H said, once the pills have had a chance you may find you dont have the same side effects and if you do - let your doctor know, they have plenty options to help you with, be it other types of anti-depressant, 'talking therapies' etc.

Just an idea but have you been in contact with your local Community Education Worker?

It might be an idea to phone. These people work with members of the community, running informal courses, clubs etc and quite often know that people have health issues (whether they are physical or otherwise) and so will keep things very short - one or two hours a week and the classes small and friendly. They can provide childcare whilst they are on (most are within 'school times' anyway) and it gives you a chance just to do something for you. A break away from the home, thinking about family and health etc. You'll probably find it wont cost anything and it can give you a real confidence boost. I realise that may seem a bit much just now, but thought I would mention it as I think it might be good for you when you feel ready. There is also no pressure, if you don't feel up to it one day they will carry on as normal....no pressure etc.

If you feel that walking in is daunting - they might even arrange to pick you up the first time or meet you outside, agree to you bringing someone along... It can vary from computer classes, jewllery making, cooking, confidence building....It's worth a phone call and you dont have to explain any reason why you want to go but if you do, thats between you and them, no one else has to know unless you want them to. Just something that may help and as I said, thought I would mention it for when you feel ready/if thats something you would be interested in.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 02:22 PM
oh, and well done for taking the steps you have so far, they've been big ones but soo worth it.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I am so glad Madmare that you have seen the Doctor and are now being treated. I am sure in a few weeks time you will start to feel a bit better as I am sure the Doctor told you that it takes 2-3 weeks for these drugs to start taking effect. The family problems will still be there but you will feel stronger and able to deal with them. I know exactly how you feel but try to keep smiling
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Bev I have tears in my eyes again! But they are happy tears you have trodden the first steps on the road to a happier place for you. The side effects should not last more than 4 weeks but if they do don't give up you can try other tablets I think I tried 4 before settling with my 5th but when its right it IS right
Sending you some hugs and so pleased you have taken the first steps and believe me those first steps are definitely the scariest!!
Take care and we are all here for you xx
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9