Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Me too. When there are many great trainers out there that do not employ such bullying, aggressive techniques with dogs, why would someone choose to listen to someone who does use them? I can't get my head around that. At which point does one draw the line and how much does that line get pushed or become blurred over the years?
(I meant the post ) - but the methods leave a lot to be desired as well.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:41 PM
For Lunas Mama and Tink Lady

I am sorry if you think I am being aggressive - not my intention at all. If the whole of my post is read I said "how do you know he has never killed a dog and I probably should have said how do WE know. I also said I may have killed a dog. In a way I was defending CM by asking the question as I certainly do not know for sure and vice versa nobody knows whether I have killed a dog or not. My real point to my post was to encourage Luna Mama not to leave the forum (she said she did not want to debate ..... - but what is a forum if it is not a debate). Perhaps it was the words "back off" but there was a DONT in front of it and I did not shout it. Anyway this is getting very tangled - see what CM has done again ??????? Joke
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:41 PM
I used to like him when I got my first dog, but as I became more experienced and knowledgable about the way dogs behave and think I began to realise that him methods were often bullying. I do think some of the messages he puts across about assertiveness, exercise etc. are good, and tbh some people do need telling that their dog is doing this and that becaues it is bored etc. but the extremely negative methods he sometimes uses cancel out the good stuff. I don't believe that you can be 100% positive 100% of the time with your training, but CMs methods are TOO negative IMO.

I watched an episode where there was this little dog that was very nervous and would snap when backed into a corner. The voice over said something about the dog's 'dominant behaviour'. How can a dog be acting dominant if it is terrified? Life isn't black and white but sadly Cesar only sees dominance and submission. I always wonder what my dogs would be like if he used his methods on them. It makes me shudder!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
For Lunas Mama and Tink Lady

I am sorry if you think I am being aggressive - not my intention at all. If the whole of my post is read I said "how do you know he has never killed a dog and I probably should have said how do WE know. I also said I may have killed a dog. In a way I was defending CM by asking the question as I certainly do not know for sure and vice versa nobody knows whether I have killed a dog or not. My real point to my post was to encourage Luna Mama not to leave the forum (she said she did not want to debate ..... - but what is a forum if it is not a debate). Perhaps it was the words "back off" but there was a DONT in front of it and I did not shout it. Anyway this is getting very tangled - see what CM has done again ??????? Joke
I didn't find your post aggressive either!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I think he is a bully and has short man syndrome and feels the need to dominate,I don't like watching him and have only see a couple of programmes because I don't like the way he treats dogs or relates to them at all, I can't believe people listen to him, and think he is good, thats just sad.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Do you prefer the electric shock or hanging a dog till it suffocates methods Gnasher?
Neither ... you should not believe everything you hear, watch or read.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
If you see and hear something you should not believe it?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
such as he fixes dogs that quickly
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 04:10 PM
I dont, I heard he was the best thing ever for dogs, how he had a natural way with them, totaly understands them and fixes them with a calm tsssstt
With my own eyes, the clips he chose to let be brodcast on the TV, I have seen him shock dogs, kick and hang on a collar
I have seen him call dogs dom when they were cowering with fear
I have seen him call them submissive when they were cowering in fear, unable to breath or just given up and shut down
I know you dont agree with him on the Shadow episode, can I ask how would you have felt about him if that was the first episode you watched?
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I think he is a bully and has short man syndrome and feels the need to dominate,I don't like watching him and have only see a couple of programmes because I don't like the way he treats dogs or relates to them at all, I can't believe people listen to him, and think he is good, thats just sad.
Thank you Mum to Many - Up the Social Workers and thank God for the NHS
Page 9 of 22 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »