Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Ailsa, I havent even met Biff and I am sitting here crying reading your post, your love for him shines through and I truly believe you know what is best for him, and i know you will see that when its time for him to go he will do it with a great deal of love, and thats all anyone can hope for.

If i could do a HUG as huge as dawns i would.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))
Thanks Dani. He isn't the world easiest, brightest or most handsome dog. He has been the most infuriating dog in the world at points. But i love him to bits. He is our dog...he has always been with me and OH since we first moved in together. He's part of the furniture you know? Bless him.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:28 PM
My heart goes out to you. It is the most awful place to be in and we can hear and understand your pain.
Big big hugs xxx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Sometimes it helps to write things down or talk your thoughts to someone. It makes some things clear.

Big hugs
xxxxx
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Ailsa , can't find the right words I do understand what you are going through.

So have a massive hug, and one for the handsome Biff too xxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
My heart goes out to you. It is the most awful place to be in and we can hear and understand your pain.
Big big hugs xxx
Thanks, it isn't easy at the moment

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Sometimes it helps to write things down or talk your thoughts to someone. It makes some things clear.

Big hugs
xxxxx
I think thats what this thread is helping to do, clarify my thoughts.
I know it's daft, but even though he has been old and ill for a while and I've been taking each day as it comes to an extent as his health has been such a balancing act, I think I haven't been aware of just how much of a balancing act it has become and how bad he has got. It has really come as a shock. I think we have been balancing his conditions for so long that we assumed we would be doing it for longer...seeing what each day brought and dealing with it.If you see what I mean.
Sundays breathing episode was a shock and also a reality check...possibly a much needed one.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Ailsa , can't find the right words I do understand what you are going through.

So have a massive hug, and one for the handsome Biff too xxxxx
Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I'm sorry. I don't want to upset people.
I am just trying to work out what to do for the best.
I am also probably trying to find some courage for the next couple of weeks.
That's what's so hard, Ailsa. My old mongrel developed Cushing's Syndrome and on the advice of the vet, we medicated him with Lysodren, even though he was around 13 at the time (I say around - he didn't start his life with me so I wasn't sure). In retrospect, I wish we had never gone down that route because he aged rapidly and his quality of life was not good towards the end. The vet kept reassuring us that we just needed to get the dose right for his age but I will never forgive myself.

Sorry, I don't mean to ramble on, it's just that I can understand exactly how you are feeling and I really feel for you right now. I feel this way every time Loki has another cluster of fits, you know.
More hugs.
xxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Ailsa you don't have to apologise to me! It is actually a real life lesson for me reading this as I have never been in this situation.

I know you will make the right decision and if you need to bare your soul in order to draw strength for the next two weeks then fire away. We are here to support you or to advise depending on our personal experiences.If we travel your journey with you then if you stumble we can catch you and hold you up when needed....
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Ailsa you don't have to apologise to me! It is actually a real life lesson for me reading this as I have never been in this situation.

I know you will make the right decision and if you need to bare your soul in order to draw strength for the next two weeks then fire away. We are here to support you or to advise depending on our personal experiences.If we travel your journey with you then if you stumble we can catch you and hold you up when needed....
Couldn't have put it any better Rachel. Many big hugs from here too A. xxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That's what's so hard, Ailsa. My old mongrel developed Cushing's Syndrome and on the advice of the vet, we medicated him with Lysodren, even though he was around 13 at the time (I say around - he didn't start his life with me so I wasn't sure). In retrospect, I wish we had never gone down that route because he aged rapidly and his quality of life was not good towards the end. The vet kept reassuring us that we just needed to get the dose right for his age but I will never forgive myself.

Sorry, I don't mean to ramble on, it's just that I can understand exactly how you are feeling and I really feel for you right now. I feel this way every time Loki has another cluster of fits, you know.
More hugs.
xxx
You have absolutely nothing to forgive yourself for. We do the best we can with what we know and what we have. HUgs.xxxxxxx
Thanks Linda. I can imagine how you feel when Loki has clusters of fits, it must be so hard, I have always felt so awful for you when it happens.
These dogs of ours bring the best of times and the worst of times.
xxxxx
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post

Thanks Rachel thats so lovely of you. You are a very kind a special lady. xxxx
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Couldn't have put it any better Rachel. Many big hugs from here too A. xxxxx
Thank you xxx

In all honesty I've been watching him and OH has come in from work and been watching him too and he seems a little brighter. Of course it is bloomin' freezing so that could be why...or then again it could be the tablets taking hold ..I don't know, but he definitely seems a little brighter.
Mind you he's still hobbling round bless.
Cosmo has done his usual..it's after 7 it's time for me to sleep...so Biff is getting some peace at last
Page 9 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »