View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kiing
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Great to read about everyone's progress!

Anton is continuing to do well. He's made a few people and doggy friends and there've been no temper tantrums for a few months now. It's still something of a military operation when people come over, but that's not likely to change for as long as Anton's here, so we're getting used to it.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 05:16 PM
I can totally relate. I get people to text me 30 mins before the come over so I have to to set up the baby gate, chop treats, prepare stuffed Kongs etc.... Glad to hear Anton is continuing to do well, he's such a success story we'll probably both need to continue to introductory rigmarole forever but if it gets good results
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2012, 06:57 PM
My first post here, just a tiny little thing that made me quite chuffed. Gelert actually listened to me, when we were in close proximity with another dog! This is a fairly big deal He really wanted to run over and bounce on this dog, an offlead springer who was interested only in rushing about sniffing. He pulled a bit towards her but on 'Watch me' he immediately did so (I nearly fell over in shock) and then followed me at heel, really focussed, in the other direction. Ok, would never have happened if he'd been offlead, but baby steps!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2012, 05:00 PM
It happened again today, and he was so responsive in general during the walk. Either he's feeling ill or we're finally getting somewhere!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Yay, well done How old is he? Maybe he's hitting maturity and gained some focus? Whatever it is, long may it last
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2012, 05:12 PM
He's two next month Perhaps he is growing up. About time too
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Cain went on a walk with a group of dogs, kindly provided by MaisiesMum He was reasonably good. He wasn't being aggressive but he had a new bad habit today, humping and it's wasn't excitement or sexual, it was definitely a "getting the upper hand thing" I did have to lift him off of a dog once, however he was also being fairly responsive when I interrupted him when he looked about to do it but before he actually got a chance.

Humping aside he was otherwise pretty good. And he did a couple of cracking recalls which I'm really pleased with
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Go Gelert and Cain!

Very pleased with Teg, yesterday he met a collie belonging to someone I know who can be snappy but they were both very polite, sniffed nicely, tails wagging, relaxed then I called Teg away.
This morning a terrier came round us doing zoomies so Teg joined in and was racing along with her.
Just after another terrier came over but this one stalked up and wanted to sniff Teg, he wasn't happy about it but just moved away instead of air snapping.
Walking towards the exit I spotted a lady with another red and white collie on lead so I popped Teg on and called over asking about her dog, he was called Fudge, 1 year old and gorgeous! They had lots of nice sniffs, both face and bum and Teg did tell him off once when Fudge tried to jump on him to play, but for saying Teg has never met him before it was really good.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Cain went on a walk with a group of dogs, kindly provided by MaisiesMum He was reasonably good. He wasn't being aggressive but he had a new bad habit today, humping and it's wasn't excitement or sexual, it was definitely a "getting the upper hand thing" I did have to lift him off of a dog once, however he was also being fairly responsive when I interrupted him when he looked about to do it but before he actually got a chance.

Humping aside he was otherwise pretty good. And he did a couple of cracking recalls which I'm really pleased with
Aw Cain was very good on the whole. Other than attempting to hump a couple of the dogs he was really relaxed and well-behaved. He is very respectful of Tara and Meg particularly and was really recalling well.

Look forward to our May walk.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post

Well done Cain Casper can sometimes be a bit of a humper with madam but after a couple of failed attempts, he gives up (she's too quick and knows what's coming so darts out of his way!). Interupting him pre-scruffing seems to help with that behaviour so I'm sure if you can distract him pre-hump, he'll soon break the habit.
Page 86 of 101 « First < 36 76 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 96 > Last »