View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Poor Lise, no Portsmouth is not a good place to be today A whole shed???? Blimey, I thought it was bad enough this morning when the wind took my big heavy barbie off the decking and dumped it on the gravel! I hope I don't lose my posh new gates, but I left them open, clipped back with a big pile of bricks in front of them, I thought they'd be safer that was than closed and taking the full brunt! I hope I did right there!!!

I was thinking of you Colin on that seafront!!! If it had been a tad stronger, maybe you could have put them on their leads, and you'd have been flying mate if you got any more horizontal!!!! LOl! I've just given myself this picture in my head now!!!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Who needs reindeer when you have got 6 dogs and a really strong wind. HO-HO-HO!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Well, really turned nasty again here...thought I would attempt a walk with the dogs, took Bliss & Ava, short walk but dryish...............then desided I would take Prue omg she took me for a walk between her & wind our 30min walk was done in about 10mins!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm glad you posted colin. I was thinking about you and michelle most of today.

It's a bit damp and breezy here. I hung on to just about everything this morning while the dogs went out! We've lost some roof tiles and one of the windows are letting water in. We've also had a fence blow down. I've got to attempt to in and get my girls from school at 3 so driving is going to be interesting!

On the bright side of things we've still got power. I don't know how long for as the power lines outside are flapping about, sparking each time they touch each other. The last time this happened, the lines fused together and blew the fuse box off the wall!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't think we've had the worst of it yet, but at least panicking about Chris coming home from Folkestone by train later is stopping me from panicking about the wind
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2008, 02:10 PM
You all have my sympathies folks, it's not too bad up here but I remember the hurricane in '76 the damage was horrific to say the least.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm thinking about you all and wishing you warm and safe. Hold onto your hats folks and tie everything down.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
You all have my sympathies folks, it's not too bad up here but I remember the hurricane in '76 the damage was horrific to say the least.
I don't remember that one, but I remember hearing reports of the last hurricane (I was living in Northern Ireland at the time)

My biggest worry is is not being able to get my kids from school There's some pretty big trees on the front so I'm hoping they stay put. Driving this morning wasn't too bad until I got to exposed areas, then it was a bit hairy. If the winds are going to get worse, I'm gonne chuck what I can into the car, just to weight it down

My poor OH got battered by the hail stones we had earlier. Not a lot bothers him, but he said that they came at him horizontally and they stung like hell
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
i remember the hot summer of 76 I was 9
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i remember the hot summer of 76 I was 9
So do I Inca, and I was about 11 I remember getting really bad sunburn too
Page 8 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »