View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Several glasses of water later, and one ciggy in the cold night air.............I am almost back in soberland

Lynn I love you for not immediately assuming the worst (which was sadly the right way to go on this occasion).

Son in law had a tasting evening of his new menu, so we went up of course to show support..........the food was truly scrumptious, but unfortunately my wine glass seemed to be permanently full I kept trying to drink up so that we could come home, but it just never emptied Jimmi was a good boy though, and curled up on my puffa jacket and went to sleep.

Such a shame that his paw is going wrong again, but we have had a few weeks grace so cannot complain I suppose. He is back on the ABs.

DD, that tummy gurgling is horrible, and I do hope that Daisy is over the worst now.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Evening everyone
Had a very unhealthy tea pie, chips and gravy, was very yummy though. Need to work extra hard to make up for it, oh well
Sat watching Eastenders with Lauryn. That grandson of Dots is up to no good as is the funeral bloke

Be back soon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Poor Jimmi Sally. Glad the menu tasting went well. It was a bit like that for me Saturday night I didn't feel the repercussions till Sunday though.
Tea sounded nice Mandy. I am not sure that was Nick that was in that coffin.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Fab photo of Zena Helena ... such a gorgeous looking dog with her matching plant ... or is it the ball
Nippy Everything crossed that your OH is feeling better after a night sleep. (((hugs)) to you for nursing him
Daisy so sorry that Daisy is feeling unwell. Hopefully you'll get something down her to settle her tum.
Sally You drunk you Sounded a fun way of getting tipsy though.

I'm off for the evening now, so sleep well all and see you in the morning.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Thanks all for the concern re. Daisy, I managed to get her to eat a bit of bread and then some ham and then she ate a small breakfast, so she will be fine.

Bitkin
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Oh dear! Poor Bitkin sounds as if someone has slipped her the Mickey Finn - what sort of Cad or Bounder would do that sort of thing? Doesn't bear thinking about she must revue her list of confidantes and associates to see who amongst them would stoop so low. Helena - what a lovely pic. of Zena and how clever of you to get the timing of the shot just right. I sadly am p.d.useless with a camera but even if I was in any way capable I still can't fathom out how to get the shots onto the 'puter. Even though I have received help from all quarters including a helpful lead from Malka, but try as I might it always ends in failure, but one day even I may be able tyo get it right - although it wouldn't pay for anyone to be holding their breath. Lore - hope it all works out OK for you with your Mum and the dog and everything Sounds as if you could do with a little bit of good luck for a change. Today has been eventful in as much as it has proved to me that I am not the Great Dog Trainer I have always thought I was lol. Whereas for as long as I can remember I have had well behaved and obedient lurchers trained to a standard where I can use them in ring displays etc. at Country and Game Fairs. Now I have to go along with them and probably ruin what bit of a good reputation that I may have, this bl'dy terrier pup. Scout is now eight and a half months old and is driving me to distraction. Today she took off after a fell runner and chased them for a good half mile. Previously it has been mountain bikes and on one occasion a big heavyweight hunter (fortunately ridden by a friend) the horse was bombproof and rider sympathetic, but it could have ended in tragedy in all sorts of different ways. As she matures her attacks are becoming fiercer and from the odd bit of growly barking it has now gone on to trying to get hold of her unwitting victims (Consequently no longer even vaguely amusing) as although small in stature she has a set of teeth that would grace the gob of a doberman. She was run over by one biker and left with a muddy tyre print over her head but being a terrier and also from a hunt kennels this did nothing to deter her - just the opposite she now seems bent on revenge, it only served to get her dander up! I will of course keep on trying to get the better of her until I suceed - but am using this post to alleviate the frustration I am feeling over my lack of success. It also shows me that no matter how good or clever I thinkI am the opposite seem to be the truth of it! Bye fer now!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Night night Jenny, have a good evening.

Snot funny DD - I NEVER drink too much
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2014, 09:18 PM
I have just been changing all the clocks and my watches as ours go back at 2am and I want them done before I go to bed.

Three clocks are not done. One I cannot reach as it is above the window opposite my bed, POST II above the television does not need doing as he is Permanently On Summer Time because I cannot work out how to change the time [it also shows day, date, temperature], and the original POST who sighed and died a few years back. POST is a little gilt carriage clock that used to grace my mantlepiece in England, given to me buy a very good friend a few months before he died. As it always had hysterics when it was time to put the clocks forwards or back and as my colleagues at work had bought me a lovely clock when I finally moved into my own apartment, I decided to leave the little carriage clock as POST.

When he sighed and died I wanted to keep him as a remembrance of my friend so he sits on one of the shelves on which I have my CDs, sort of like a clock version of a bookend. No longer is he POST he is POT. Permanently On Twelve.

What is the betting that tomorrow morning I will find something else that has the time on but I have forgotten to change!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Gordon, you have my every sympathy because your post brings to mind a terrier that my parents had in the Lakes.

Their dear dog of many years had died, and in due course were persuaded to take on this cute bundle of terrierness with four dear little white paws........they called her Tippy for some reason. Anyway, within days this tiny puppy virtually destroyed the house and drove everyone to destraction. No amount of training efforts made one jot of difference, and the darling soul chased everyone and everything with no though of self preservation or kindness to others. Parents eventually sought help, even though they had been around dogs of all descriptions all their lives......to no avail. Tippy was mad and bad through and through, and her only true aim was to hunt hunt HUNT. In the end, defeat had to be admitted for the sake of the dog and everyone's health and sanity and the local hunt kennels near Grasmere welcomed her with open arms. She joined the pack of hounds and quickly established leadership despite not yet being a year old. She lived an incredibly happy and full life!!

I am not saying that your little bundle of joy is the same, but it is just that I was reminded of Tippy!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Ah I'm ripping missed SALLY coming on pie eyed Bleedin visitors,typical!!
Can't believe you said pissed!
Lovely to have peeps call but I'm all behind now,should have been bathed and in my pj's by now Still,was good fun
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >