Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Talking of which Jenny - did you happen to catch Ken Bruce on Radio 2 yesterday? Someone rang or emailed in during a thing about flies or something, to say that Jazz's have flies on the rear window instead of the windscreen because they fly faster than the car is driven
Lol I remember that being said about the Skoda, which is a totally different story these days.
Another one was why does the Skoda have heated rear windscreens? To keep your hands warm when you are pushing it
Ahhhhh can't beat my Mazda!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol I remember that being said about the Skoda, which is a totally different story these days.
Another one was why does the Skoda have heated rear windscreens? To keep your hands warm when you are pushing it
Ahhhhh can't beat my Mazda!
Disagreeing Nippy Jenny..can't beat my Maggie!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I seem to have had an ample sufficiency TW

Nippy, Skoda's had a terrible reputation didn't they until the jokes rather fell flat when they launched a really rather good range I've never driven a Mazda, but for some reason part of my brain is reminding me that a Hyundai Pony that I had years ago had a Mazda engine Or was it Mitsubishi Anyway, Mazda make good cars don't they.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Good evening girls and boys.

I have had a totally indulgent day really whacked a DVD on the bedroom TV and languished on the new bed with muttley.

Was disturbed twice by phone calls. Then again at around 8pm with a long chat with my understudy. She is doing fine and that's always good to hear. She has lectured me about the Sabby thing and the flats thing in general and to be honest she is right .... I am just TOO SOFT.

One of the calls was from the owner of the only flat up here that I don't manage to tell me they are moving out end of the month. I was VERY glad to know that as they borrowed 300 euros off me last month and only just asked if I could 'wait another week' for them to repay it. I will be giving them a knock tomorrow!

I did a bit of sunbathing but gave up what with me MELTING and the blerdy phone going.

I am walking around on a carpet of crispy dried leaves in here. The strong winds are so welcome I have all doors and windows open and managing without aircon or fans for the first time for ages. But it's blowing EVERYTHING in and I'm on the 4th floor so that should tell you how strong the winds are!

It's also blowing sandy dust in so am very glad I decided against HOUSEWORK. Just moved my big rug in here a bit and it's left a solid black line of sand dust behind it!

I was going to 'wait' to clean but now think I will just call Lucia in to do it! Why put a good cleaner out of work when I am better qualified to do other stuff?

Bella is being as ADORABLE and FUNNY as ever. The strong winds have prompted her to make a CAVE on the day bed. She has dragged her furry pheasant up there with the tiger and pulled down a couple of pillows and I can't actually see her at all!

Lynn
Most of my working life was spent working for sillysodders and barristers and I know of NO real SOLICITORS who deal with conveyancing. Even back in the 70s working as a legal temp I would be doing conveyancing - the solicitors just 'sign it off' they don't even look at it. It's just so many forms and anyone can do it which is why you now have 'conveyancers' who are not fully qualified solors. So however 'good' yours is. It won't be him or her who is dealing with it themselves. It will be their minions, their conveyancing staff. If he is dealing with it himself he will be a very lowly solicitor! Conveyancing is the dregs of the legal profession mate! It's the Estate Agents who make all the money out of it.

Tawney
Being closely related to people in the motor trade I know for a fact that there are products on the market for motors that work REALLY WELL in the home and I've used them on solid oak furniture and plasticised surfaces etc. in the past. So go with what they recommend. Mr Sheen is a WIMP compared with that stuff!

LuckyStar
Commiserations on the poorly children. I always say other problems fade into insignificance compared with when your
kids are ill. Happy Birthday to LOKI!

Bitkin
I thought we were now finished with talking about dentists?

Missed loads but it's SO difficult when you've been away from the thread now.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:20 PM
I know what you mean Tang - about it being difficult when you don't come in to the thread for a while.

That picture you paint of little Bella in her cave is wonderful - what a dear soul she is. The dusty sand, or sandy dust, sounds like something that might just as well be left where it is, as there will be more to follow no doubt.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I know what you mean Tang - about it being difficult when you don't come in to the thread for a while.

That picture you paint of little Bella in her cave is wonderful - what a dear soul she is. The dusty sand, or sandy dust, sounds like something that might just as well be left where it is, as there will be more to follow no doubt.
I am rather hoping that what will follow will be TORRENTIAL RAIN Bitkin! We really need it. But it all then calms down later in the evening like now. Something's gotta give soon.

I was going to take a photo of 'bella' coz it made me laugh then I thought 'it will just be a photo of a heap of pillows' lol!

She is such a DARLING and I have to say has turned out to be the dawg I 'rub along with' the best of all of them and I sometimes INSANELY feel guilty about thinking that just because I have had two other dogs who I thought were the best dogs in the world and totally irreplaceable and no dog could ever match them. But then putting arsy little minpin Bella up against GSDs and Cavaliers is like comparing oranges with apples really isn't it? I am just SO GLAD I weakened and went for another dog and put my thinking cap on and took into consideration all the aspects of my previous favourite dogs that would not SUIT my current lifestyle.

And I got Bella. And she might not NEED me but I certainly do NEED her!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:31 PM
OMG Pat
Better go take the pic now,cheer me up
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
OMG Pat
Better go take the pic now,cheer me up
Oh alright then as you asked nicely now where's my phone ....
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:39 PM
We have had torrential rain today Sorry, not much use to you is it Tang

It's funny isn't it - each dog we have is the best boy, or the best girl and although we will never ever forget any of them, sometimes we find ourselves surprised by a complete pillock that totally steals our hearts.

I suspect that Bella needs you just as much as you need her, but she is damned if she is going to show it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Now look wot you've done!

Took this for you

It disturbed her so here she is now!

She's got RADAR for cameras can never get her to just stay put and let me take pics (obv. even when under blankets and pillows!)
Page 8 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »