View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Sorry things have turned out like this you tried your best for him. To be honest I think your vet should take a fair bit of responsibility for the situation you are in now and if you ask should come out
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I really feel for you, but I'm sure you are doing the right thing. You do not want to be injured anymore than you already have.....

From time to time people tell me, "Lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "That's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent or the costs involved for "just a dog."
Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."
Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.
Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and, in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."
"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person.
Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.
So for me, and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past and the pure joy of the moment.
"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a human."
So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile....because they "just don't understand."

- Anonymous
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I hope things have settled down there and you have you OH with you now. Am thinking of you tonight bless you.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2012, 10:23 PM
I really feel for you all xxxxx
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
Yes, I am here alone with the dogs. I put the other dogs out of the way and got Barney to follow me through to the little room. He started spinning and barking when we came into the kitchen and I tried not to look at him directly so as to not provoke him.

He has crashed out again now. It is just not normal at all.

OH is on his way home now.
I can't imagine dealing with a dog like this. I really feel for you as I can however imagine how upsetting it is to not be able to help him be happy and content in his mind. Do you think he has a brain tumour or is having some kind of seizure activity to make him switch like this? Whatever, it sounds like something has broken irrepairably in his head. Sadly, there may be only one way you can help him.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2012, 10:43 PM
This evening has been hell. He is asleep again now.

The older dogs have all been looking from me to him and yawning continuously. It is so unfair on them too.

Barney has very dilated pupils when he is going off and then on waking his eyes are more relaxed and then they change again.

The vet is going to sedate him before putting him to sleep. He is not charging us for anything.
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-06-2012, 10:50 PM
From what I have read I would have been very disappointed if the vet was charging you.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2012, 10:55 PM
my heart goes out to you and your family,and for the dog as well.iv been there a few times,never knowing when enough is enough ,having to religh on others to help me .there will be a time when you meet your dog agian through the gate and over the bridge.hold your head high ,knowing you gave your best..
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Thank you to the kind vet who is giving him sedating drugs before the last ones.

Thank you to you, Maisiesmum, who have borne with Barney through all this. Thank you to your family.

You did the best you possibly could. Thank you.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Just sending hugs and thinking of you xxx
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »