Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alfiesblue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
If one person 'perceived' it was because it had no water, then I wonder how many others did too? The even was a showcase for dogs. The owner should have had more sense, especially after being told about the empty bowl
Some people dont like being told what to do by others.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2012, 04:31 PM
could someone pm me who this was, im curious.
and i too have a whiny rough, he makes mumbles over just about everything.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
could someone pm me who this was, im curious.
and i too have a whiny rough, he makes mumbles over just about everything.
why? what would it achieve???? i can't believe how ridiculous this thread has become. my dogs travel in a car for up to 4 hours at a time and don't have water not because i don't stop and give it to them but because they don't want it! 35 minutes ????????? without water is not life threatening!!!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by alfiesblue View Post
Some people dont like being told what to do by others.
I don't think many people do, but, honestly, if someone told you your dog's water bowl was empty and you were working/volunteering to show your dog as an ambassador of the breed, what would you do?

As said, poor judgement on the lady's part
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
why? what would it achieve???? i can't believe how ridiculous this thread has become. my dogs travel in a car for up to 4 hours at a time and don't have water not because i don't stop and give it to them but because they don't want it! 35 minutes ????????? without water is not life threatening!!!!
You might actually wish to hold that tounge (or more accurately fingers) for five seconds before taking every post here as an attack, I was purely curious as to who it was!
I can see this from both sides.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
Completely agree, 35 mins without giving your dog a drink of water and your horse drawn and quartered .
alfiesblue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I don't think many people do, but, honestly, if someone told you your dog's water bowl was empty and you were working/volunteering to show your dog as an ambassador of the breed, what would you do?

As said, poor judgement on the lady's part
But it may be just one of those things, clearly the dog isnt abused if it is used as a good example of the breed.

Also to inform the DD people and the breed club and then write a letter to a dog magazine, i mean, we have all made mistakes, even though this may not even be classed as one.

If the bowl was empty it had clearly had water and was going to have more anyway. As others have said their dogs have gone longer without a drink.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
You might actually wish to hold that tounge (or more accurately fingers) for five seconds before taking every post here as an attack, I was purely curious as to who it was!
I can see this from both sides.
tongue and i'm not taking any post as an attack , far from it, however i find it hard , that on one persons say so, who apparently was timing how long the dog was without water that people have jumped on the owner . if i named the person would you have known who it was ? i doubt it.lets move on this happened 3 months ago and the dog is alive and being succesfully shown. We are always looking for volunteers to man the DD stall if you are up for it
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Completely agree, 35 mins without giving your dog a drink of water and your horse drawn and quartered .
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:45 PM
So the OP wrote to a dog magazine and they printed a letter about the 'incident'? is news really that slow in the dog world?
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >