View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 12:03 PM
so to date we have now also had a classroom assessment and today we have been for the ADOS test.

Really don't know how he got on as I am not sure what they are looking for but he had poor eye contact with them and was a bit fidgetey. We should get a report in about a month hopefully. This is the last test so we should get our diagnosis soon.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
so to date we have now also had a classroom assessment and today we have been for the ADOS test.

Really don't know how he got on as I am not sure what they are looking for but he had poor eye contact with them and was a bit fidgetey. We should get a report in about a month hopefully. This is the last test so we should get our diagnosis soon.
Just remember this is the last leg for a better quality of future for william and once the report comes in, the changes can be made in a more positve direction, not just for william, but, for all of you, well done to you all, there is light at the end of the tunnel. keep going.

sue x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by borderladysue View Post
Just remember this is the last leg for a better quality of future for william and once the report comes in, the changes can be made in a more positve direction, not just for william, but, for all of you, well done to you all, there is light at the end of the tunnel. keep going.

sue x
thanks Sue

I have really mixed feelings now, I just hope we get the diagnosis we want, then like you say we can get things moving in the right direction for him.

Watch this space I shall update when we have the feedback
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Update......

I have been sent a date for getting the feedback from Williams tests etc

So we go 1st December for the final decisions

he has had definate ups and downs since my last update but I am learning to cope better (well most of the time) hopefully when we know what we a dealing with then I will get help to cope better

Will update when I know x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Good Luck, I think it is always the not knowing that is the issue, sometimes things seem a lot simpler when you have a clear idea what the issue is.

I hope it all works out for you.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Good Luck, I think it is always the not knowing that is the issue, sometimes things seem a lot simpler when you have a clear idea what the issue is.

I hope it all works out for you.
thanks xx
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi

My youngest daughter (aged 11 now) was diagnosed with aspergers a year ago, along with ADHD and dyspraxia. I haven't read all the way through this thread yet just thought I'd jump to the end to see if you had any specific questions you needed answered that haven't been covered yet I see you had an ADOS assessment back in July, is it these results you are going back for as if it is I'm astonished! I had my daughters results back within 2 weeks, and for her 3di the same day!
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Hi

My youngest daughter (aged 11 now) was diagnosed with aspergers a year ago, along with ADHD and dyspraxia. I haven't read all the way through this thread yet just thought I'd jump to the end to see if you had any specific questions you needed answered that haven't been covered yet I see you had an ADOS assessment back in July, is it these results you are going back for as if it is I'm astonished! I had my daughters results back within 2 weeks, and for her 3di the same day!
yes its the ADOS results I have chased and chased them but they wouldn't give me the results until his classroom assessment had been done which was finally done in September. It started off moving very fast then almost came to a stop but I kept pushing xx
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Oh I hear you there it took FIVE years to finally get my daughter diagnosed. First of all it was delayed development, extreme behaviour???? and other such nuggets. And it was only because she was getting ready to transitition to secondary that I gave it one last huge push, and finally got her assesments done, which surprise surprise, came back with aspergers.
Be prepared for when you go and get the results. I was astonished to find myself in tears, mainly in part I think because that was when the reality hit and partly relief that I knew we weren't imagining things. I was also elated that she had finally got a dx, and yet heartbroken because I now knew this was a lifetime condition that would never 'go away'.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Oh I hear you there it took FIVE years to finally get my daughter diagnosed. First of all it was delayed development, extreme behaviour???? and other such nuggets. And it was only because she was getting ready to transitition to secondary that I gave it one last huge push, and finally got her assesments done, which surprise surprise, came back with aspergers.
Be prepared for when you go and get the results. I was astonished to find myself in tears, mainly in part I think because that was when the reality hit and partly relief that I knew we weren't imagining things. I was also elated that she had finally got a dx, and yet heartbroken because I now knew this was a lifetime condition that would never 'go away'.

I know exactly what you mean re the diagnosis, although I have been told unofficially that we will get Aspergers, so I am prepared I think. If we don't I would like to know what he has got cos he definately has something lol. I am also seeing the Cognitive Behavioural Therapist at the same time, who said on our last meeting that he has definate Autistic tendancies (whatever that means ) so am prepared for that too.....but tears are very possible
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >