Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
A forum - any forum - is composed of various people from all walks of life and all types. With all points of view; with varying degrees of experience and education. We are ALL free to read, post or ignore.

Join a forum, don't judge, just take on board what is said. Over time you will know what you do or don't agree with.

No point in having an opinion on anything in life, if you aren't willing to have it challenged now & again and fight your corner. Opinions, like dogs, need constant and regular maintenance.
Your right, what a boring world it would be if we all did, but there isnt a need to be aggressive, where does that get anyone?, all it does is upset people or gets their backs up.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Your right, what a boring world it would be if we all did, but there isnt a need to be aggressive, where does that get anyone?, all it does is upset people or gets their backs up.
You are so right too! ...But I haven't seen anyone on this thread getting aggressive...?

If articulating your own views on a subject is conceived as being aggressive on a forum, then nobody will have the right to hold views, challenge or educate, and we will have a sterile forum where people cannot express themselves....

an example of free speech....
Person A starts debate saying they hold X view...

and others join in and say well... we think as individuals that X View is flawed... and here are our references to back that up...

If then Person A cannot provide backup for their original view...

It is not wrong.

And Person A has the right to withdraw from said debate... but not to imply s/he were bullied.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
You are so right too! ...But I haven't seen anyone on this thread getting aggressive...?

If articulating your own views on a subject is conceived as being aggressive on a forum, then nobody will have the right to hold views, challenge or educate, and we will have a sterile forum where people cannot express themselves....

an example of free speech....
Person A starts debate saying they hold X view...

and others join in and say well... we think as individuals that X View is flawed... and here are our references to back that up...

If then Person A cannot provide backup for their original view...

It is not wrong.

And Person A has the right to withdraw from said debate... but not to imply s/he were bullied.
The post i quoted from is aggressive IMO
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Hi,

Tinkladyv - Can you please say how you think th epost was aggressive? Maybe I'm being completely dumb but I just can't see it.

As others have said, everyone's opinions are different and differing opinions invite and provoke debate.

The OP should have rephrased the title/question of the post if she only wanted those who agree with CM to post their opinions. But having said that, if she only wanting opinions friom those who agree, then there would be no debate.

Laura xx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Originally Posted by aerolor
How do you know he hasn't killed a dog - I might have killed a dog (who knows what goes on privately) - pity that you are backing off - this is a debating type of site and we all try to be polite to each other and "pool" our own particular experiences with canines

But its this type of post with "pity that you are backing off" and "How do you know he hasn't killed a dog" that are aggressive and put people off. It did it for me!
But to be fair - there have been accusations that (at least one) dog has died whilst in his care.

Being a single person with an opinion that differs from others is not uncommon on here many of us have been in the situation where we feel got at defending our own corner - if you believe it you stick with it and you can choose to participate or back off. I cannot see how the post was aggressive or pushing views on the OP, it was asking a rhetorical question IMO.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm a fan big time (with one or two niggles) - but further than that I shall not go!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I'm a fan big time (with one or two niggles) - but further than that I shall not go!
Do you prefer the electric shock or hanging a dog till it suffocates methods Gnasher?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Do you prefer the electric shock or hanging a dog till it suffocates methods Gnasher?
That I find aggressive....
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
That I find aggressive....
Me too. When there are many great trainers out there that do not employ such bullying, aggressive techniques with dogs, why would someone choose to listen to someone who does use them? I can't get my head around that. At which point does one draw the line and how much does that line get pushed or become blurred over the years?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I think With CM Threads Supporters think that by People saying that CM is Cruel, that we are also saying they are cruel By proxy, even if No one has said this,
Page 8 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »