View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 05:41 AM
Great news however I would continue to exert extreme vigilance especially in the light of her season.........

If you can get through the WHOLE of her season and the few weeks after (when bitches can be notoriously grumpy) without further incident (major) I reckon you can relax!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Great news however I would continue to exert extreme vigilance especially in the light of her season.........

If you can get through the WHOLE of her season and the few weeks after (when bitches can be notoriously grumpy) without further incident (major) I reckon you can relax!
I will. They will continue to be separated whilst I'm out and be monitored very closely when we're in.

Thanks for your comments and advice, they are most appreciated.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
*Ginger Newsflash*

One minor growly incident on Saturday but nothing else so was pretty happy.

NO incidents at all on Sunday! What a fab day we had. Bunnie needed to go out several times, due to coming into season, and this is sometimes a trigger point, as Lennon wants to go out too (all the time.....) but absolutely nothing happened. They played together a couple of times and it was a lovely, relaxing day for us all.

I put Bun to bed last night and closed the door and Len and I went up to bed. Bun settled down straight away but about an hour or so later, there was what sounded like a dog scuffle in the street outside with a bit of nasty-sounding snarling.

This upset Bunnie and she howled and howled. I went downstairs and let her out.

She ended up sleeping next to my bed...... Lennon was in and out of my room and up and down from my bed a few times during the night and there were no problems.

Today they have had breakfast in the same room, their treat in the same room and are now playing......

So very happy for you that things are settling down xxxxxx well done
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm thrilled for you Vicki. I bet your feeling one very happy and relieved bunny (excuse the pun) now you can see a happycertain future with your lovely girl in sight.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Great to hear continued good news about Lennon and Bunny - am really pleased for you Vicki

Wys
x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Yesterday was incident free (separated) and so was last night when I let them have run of the house.

They were really good when I came home at lunchtime and we had no growly faces at all - how wonderful.

Last night there were no problems either. Bunnie sleeps beside my bed and Len sleeps on it or outside the bedroom door on his bed.

They didn't disturb me at all until 4.30 this morning when they thought it would be fun to play........ hence this rather early update

Of course now they are both sound asleep.....

x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Fantastic news Vicki, lets hope it continues and they can cement their friendship and you can start to really enjoy Bunnie without fear of arguments xx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 06:06 AM
I am so happy to hear that Lennon and Bunnie are doing so well.

You have done a really good job with the two of them considering you took on a stroppy pre-season girl and turned her life upside down!

I am sure when she is the other side of her season things will be on a more even keel, but dogs being dogs will probably still have their moments!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Couldn't be better! Great news Vicki, so glad you seem to have cemented their friendship, coz at the end of the day, it's YOU who's done this, and I'm sure everything will be fine now. Lovely to hear
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Had faith that you could 'do it'!!!

So happy the 'Gingers' are going the right way!!
Well Done.
xx
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >