View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I keep mentioning her to my parents but i'm not getting much of a response out of them so I take that to mean I cant have her!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I keep mentioning her to my parents but i'm not getting much of a response out of them so I take that to mean I cant have her!
Maybe I should keep on at Adie in that way, let him know all the updates..
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 04:40 PM
what an absolute horror that did this to her. Am so glad she is now in good hands, and I truly hope the RSPCA follow up and prosecute.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I forgot to say that she is also on antibiotics for mammary glad infection.

I have spoken to the rspca, told them all the details and that the vet will back up all the evidence. They told me to take pictures and that someone will definitely be in touch.

I took her out for a little walk today, she met some other dogs and said hello nicely.

She has met my dogs briefly, very growly towards the collies who were instantly submissive, but she was very submissive and friendly towards sadie who walzed up to her with a bit of a swagger!
Going to introduce her to them properly on a walk tomorrow as think that will be much more relaxed all round.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Winnie has been very lame today. I think it was a combination of the detailed exam on the leg from the vet and taking her for a walk yesterday afternoon. I have spoken to my vet and he has put in a referral to see an orthopedic surgeon. Bless her
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Hoping for the best possible news x
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Don't forget she has been through a lot in her short life but is now in a good place with you, it will take time for her to settle propperly though I don't think I have to tell you that :>

Their are bound to be lame days given what she has been through. Seems like she has really settled all ready will you be keeping her??
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes I'm not suprised she is lame considering she has an untreated broken leg!

I am just fostering her
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow, just caught up on this (sorry) what a wonderful thing you have done, she will repay you tenfold i'm sure! She is beautiful, and you are wonderful.

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
What a good idea
I would be happy if you wanted to auction or something I would do a sculpture of the winners pet?? Or a sculpture of this poor wee girl
LOVE this idea, i'm in and can get lots of Akita friends on board - i've seen your felted dogs, love, love, love them, is this what you mean by your sculptures?

I think you should call her Hope she lived in hope for a better life, and someone like you
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Received an update from the RSPCA. I cant go into too much detail as it is an ongoing investigation.

They have visited his house, his dogs there are "ok" There is no grounds for action although they will be monitoring the condition of the dogs.

With regards to winnie, it is going to be very hard to prove she sustained the injury with him, and it seems likely that she was injured elsewhere as he had not had her long- it seems that she has had "several" homes.
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >