View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Pidge I think what many of us are trying to say is Woody may well have a bad tummy bug , but from what you have told us he could also have a number of other things including a blockage or he may have ingested a toxic substance.

Better to err on the side of caution and not to just leave things , don't be afraid to tell the vet you are concerned about Woody's failure to improve....
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Have no advice to give, cos i only have my first ever dog our little ESS puppy, and it seems scary i think cos Woody is an ESS, but I do so feel for the worry you are having, about when is the right time and when is too long, i know from my kids that you dont want to overeact, or wait to long either, such a hard balance.

As best you can trust your instincts, and err on the side of caution, I really hope that if they the bug is for 3 days or so that he gets no worse and starts to pick up tomorrow.

I am dreading the thought of Rolo being poorly, they can not tell you how they feel.

Sending a virtual hug from me and I have told Rolo not to drool on you cos you sound like you have enough of that, and a washing machine would be more use!

keep us posted,
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Spoke to the VN to report back no worse, but no better. Skin feels OK, gums look OK, eyes look pinky white but not drastic.

Advised he has just been lying on his bed all day and drooling, showing no interest in going outside, water, food etc.

They want to see him again tomorrow to see if he's improved. If not they will sedate and x-ray as agree he is clearly not well.

Basically they're not concerned about dehydration at this stage unless his vomitting becomes severe or he gets diarrhea. If we are concerned about him through the night we need to take him in to the emergency vets. They will happily see him again now if I want, but are worried about causing him any undue stress, especially if he is this unwell.

I feel confident that they are doing the right thing.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Thinking of you. Hope Woody feels better soon. x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Oh Em, I was hoping to log in and find it had all passed and little Woody was his old self again, I'm so sorry he is still feeling poorly. I can't add anything to what has been said, all I can say is that if he has eaten something horrible it should have sorted itself by now. I say that based soley on our experience because ours have, from time to time, done this and been sick, but the next day they've been perfectly OK again. A big hug from me and really wishing that it gets sorted soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Pidge I think because we Dogsey 'aunties and uncles ' have all watched Woody grow up he is a bit special to many of us here.
It may seem like we are fussing but that it is only because we are concerned and over the years some of us have learnt to be cautious when it comes to the health of our dogs .

I hope you have a better night, remember all your friends here are thinking about Woody and hoping there is a big improvement by morning xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Pidge I think because we Dogsey 'aunties and uncles ' have all watched Woody grow up he is a bit special to many of us here.
It may seem like we are fussing but that it is only because we are concerned and over the years some of us have learnt to be cautious.

I hope you have a better night, remember all your friends here are thinking about Woody and hoping there is a big improvement by morning xx
I don't think you're fussing, I think it's touching that you are so concerned about him and am VERY grateful for this thread.

I think I have a tendancy to panic so am trying to look at this with a calm, rational head and trust my instincts.

I just hope and pray he's back to normal in the morning, but we're taking him in first thing anyway!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Woody is still not back to normal and hope that he is really soon. Hugs to you both xxxxxxx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Really hope Woody is on the mend tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I hope Woody is feeling better tomorrow.

(((Hugs))).
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >