register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Raining here but not heavily, everywhere cleaned with fresh bedding down. I rinsed out an empty Bold Gel and poured it over the yard and then went outside and did the same on the cobbles at the back gate, sprayed Jeyes and everywhere smells gorgeous. Till tomorrow then I'll be cleaning again. Had the hose on, but it was on the flags whilst I swept up and Cariad had a go at Mabs, silly silly girl, she didn't realise the hose was 'live' she does now, not seen her move quite so fast for a while
Like you say Jenny, your mum won't know anyway, which is heartbreaking really, but fact. My mother used to tell people no one came to see her, she did all her own shopping, went out every day apparently.... and she couldn't remember the last time she spoke to me, oh and she spoke to my brother every day virtually. Total utter fantasy land.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
7pm here and the rain has been so torrential Bella still hasn't had a wee yet lol!

She is hidden under cushions - I've tried her in the undercover car park a couple of times but just the noise of it makes her stand 'shaking herself dry' lol.

At least it's all spotlessly clean here unlike the other place and the filthy roadworks. So clean (with the cleaners cleaning outside 3 times a week) that you can walk in with your wet shoes on and it leaves no marks on the tiles!

Doubt I'll get the lodgers to leave in this weather tho!

Things grow FAST here when it rains. I can almost see the huge grapevine growing up the tennis court enclosure growing before my eyes. And the grass is now all lush bright green and SOFT. Think it's forecast to last all week.

Just eased off a bit I will try muttley again.
Tang I do not think it is the rain Bella is scared of but bet she associates rain with thunder - someone I meet a few weeks ago said his poodle was the same as my Bella (and yours) scared fireworks and thunder but his was also now scared of rain he thinks he has sussed rain means thunder because they used to live somewhere by the coast where it normaly did.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gill has had a right old time getting her chemo sorted.
She was told last week by her consultants secretary it was starting the 14th of this month she never received the confirmation letter. So chased them again Tuesday to be told she wasn't on the system. She has had phone call today and has now been told to arrive Monday chemo starting so she needs to get blood test done tomorrow has had to dash out to get shopping both her and Peter are not well and then got a phone call can they pick their Grandson up as his mum is not well from the other nan his mum. Grandson' s mum is expecting again not Jack's dads baby and she is bringing up bile.
Do you know I get so cross when she is put upon and cross with her letting herself get put upon. Crikey she is ill has cancer why do some not realise this. Sorry rant over.
I read this and can see why you are angry yet Gill is letting it happen I think you need to step back and think maybe she thinks if she can do it and wants to let her.

You can't fight her battles no matter how much you want to and seeing things from outside is different from looking outwards at it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening Sally.

Just spoken to Gill on the phone she is worn out and has her 7 year old Grandson till Sunday afternoon and is meant to be coming with me to visit mum on Saturday but has to go to Romford first. I told her not too she went on Tuesday but her excuse is she will not see mum now for 8 months.
I can take the birthday bits in for her as mum is 94 on Sunday. At the moment she won't have any of it but I will keep working on her. If she does come we are going to have to try and get a coffee somewhere and a chat I think.
I am really quite worried about her she is not going to be in a good place to start another round of chemo.

When does she start her chemo is there any chance you could treat her to a spa day before hand or a night away with just you?
I imagine she is doing this because she is scared she will not have as much time to spend with your mom or her grandson so is trying to double up her time with them.
Maybe that's not it but could be cancer makes you irrational and concerned about not your mortality as much as the loss of "you" in the life/memory of those you love.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Very wise words Kazz. It must be so difficult though for you Lynn, and I agree that being expected to take care of a 7 year old child at the moment is a bit much. (I can sympathise with that one, and I don't have cancer). She does need to rest and be in the best shape possible in order to face another round of Chemo.

TW - I know the feeling of making everything clean and smelling fresh, only to have it all turned upside down again within hours! In my case it is a man responsible, not dogs.

Tang, Jimmi hates the rain too but is not scared of thunder, and our last dog was terrified of thunder but didn't particularly mind getting wet. Each dog is different, and maybe Bella just hates the feeling of rain on her back - she is short coated isn't she and it must feel horrible for such a precious little soul with the most comfiest and cosiest of beds!

The weather has been revolting all day and only now has the rain stopped and the sun emerged.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 06:40 PM
She starts Monday Kazz no time for a spa day she wouldn't go anyway.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 06:47 PM
I was really angry too Lynn when I read she had her grandson till Sunday, then I thought the same as Kazz, and it sounds so pessimistic, but maybe she is wanting time with him so he remembers her as she was. I don't know, everyone's different, if it were me I think I would want to see my grandchildren (not got any as it happens) and hope they remembered me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 06:52 PM
She does have him every other weekend but she was going to have a quiet day today and a quiet weekend then she got the phone call and now she has him till Sunday. He has to have a day off school tomorrow as it is too far to drop him off and pick him up and now they have to take him along with them while she gets her blood test and she won't get her restful weekend she needs before Monday.
She wasn't happy about it but said what can I do.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Your mum will be 94 LYNN Wow
Gave up on bleaching the pavers,raining off and on Did manage to paint the windows of the summer house though.Decided I'd make a few changes,tired of it being all the one colour Will take a pic when I'm done
Hanging baskets are doing really well,surprised how much they have come on...good old B&Q
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Evening all,

My oldest son turned up about half and hour ago having had late patients, which was a lovely surprise. Naturally I offered him a meal ..... as you do He only wanted an omelette which was nice and quick. So I have just tidied the kitchen for the second time tonight

Hi Sally my last little dog wasn't overly keen on walking in the rain but wasn't scared of thunder. If it was raining I'd wait until one of my family were driving out and hitch a lift and then walk back from the top of the estate. She loved walking home but wasn't so keen as she got older of walking out
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »