Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Since some of us have lives in real time as well as on the net it could well take a time!

I bath them when they roll in nasty smelly things---and that is for my benefit.

We have one we can't get bathed regardless of how smelly he is I know it is not needed for the dog!

Don't quite see the connection between bathing for my comfort and having to cream dogs skins to make them comfortable.

Missed your answer-sorry So you bath them for your comfort!!! Do you not think a dog left covered in nasty smelly things would eventually get uncomfortable. Their skin imo would eventually suffer. Have you not seen dirty, matted dogs skin when they have been shaved off

Sadly as other breed fanatics have found and demonstrated it is easier to ignore it and carry on unless forced to change.

rune
Ignore what exactly in my breed??
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Obviously not you see Rune most people are decent/respectful enough not to comment on something we know nothing about, I am not ashamed to know nothing about the grooming of other breeds - therefore I wont judge or make comments.........Shame cant be said for all
I know nothing except what you have said

Actually you were the one who commented on it!

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Since some of us have lives in real time as well as on the net it could well take a time!

Oops sorry, thought you may have just been doing the usual, "ignoring" what you dont like to answer

I bath them when they roll in nasty smelly things---and that is for my benefit.

We have one we can't get bathed regardless of how smelly he is I know it is not needed for the dog!

Don't quite see the connection between bathing for my comfort and having to cream dogs skins to make them comfortable.

Sadly as other breed fanatics have found and demonstrated it is easier to ignore it and carry on unless forced to change.

rune

The connection is the "artificial" products, be it for your or your dogs benefit.

JB won't answer because she says she agrees with CC that they don't ALL need it.

rune
I did answer your question, you just dont like the reply
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 05:00 PM
I know nothing except what you have said

Actually you were the one who commented on it!

rune
I never once said CCs need cream in order to be comfy, you got that all by yourself
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Believe what you like like Rune or rather believe what you think you know.
What do you think Mmm A Crestie gets hacks if their skin is not moisturized lol
Have you actually ever felt a Crestie's skin at all?? It is drier as I said mostly during colder months but I mean drier as in to feel not as actually cracking lol
Thats more like it.

A friend of mine used to do well with Cresteds, she shows Borders now.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Sorry had to go to bed. Insults I asked you a question re the use of an artificial product
I have 2 legs and a strong background to aid my standing --something that is needed imo when answering a very ignorant view point from a person who has never had hands on my breed
This is written on several sites on the net regarding 'your' breed. Strangely the UK club site I found doesn't mention any health issues at all. One appeared to have a health committee but was not specific about what the issues were.

The Hairless Chinese Crested dog is invariably prone to dryness. Through exercise, being outdoors and simple day to day activity, their skin can lose a lot of surface moisture and become dry and chafed, causing discomfort and perhaps even cracking and bleeding. Luckily, this is perhaps the most easily preventable and treatable

So they seem to think that if you don't moisturise there is a problem.

Who to believe?

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Send us the link please Rune, would like to see where this is from? I have never heard or experienced this before, not even on the badly bred foster/rescue CCs.

The health committee that started by one of the breed clubs is in regards to eye diseases.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Opps found it, clutching at straws Rune - hardly a reliable source that is it - not even a UK site? Who even wrote the article even tells you not to walk your dogs unless its warm..what a joke

Good effort mind.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2011, 09:43 PM
This is written on several sites on the net regarding 'your' breed. Strangely the UK club site I found doesn't mention any health issues at all. One appeared to have a health committee but was not specific about what the issues were.

The Hairless Chinese Crested dog is invariably prone to dryness. Through exercise, being outdoors and simple day to day activity, their skin can lose a lot of surface moisture and become dry and chafed, causing discomfort and perhaps even cracking and bleeding. Luckily, this is perhaps the most easily preventable and treatable

So they seem to think that if you don't moisturise there is a problem.

Who to believe?

rune
Several sites!! Never heard of chafed skin on a crested Wow my little hairless that I have never used a cream on must look like a prune if you believe everything you read lol
Could you send me a link to the several sites Rune

This boy does not get "creamed" Note any chafing, cracking, dry skin anywhere
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 09:45 PM
It was on several sites from the US---as I said UK sites don't mention any health issues!

I think they are likely to be telling the truth-----I can't be bothered to send you to all the rest that say it. If you don't want to think it you won't.

rune
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »