View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2009, 05:38 PM
So relieved Zena is back to her usual bouncy self.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Phew what a relief, glad to hear she is so much better.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Glad she is better Helena - not sure if I missed some posts but was it defo heatstroke then? What a worry - it's been so hot & clammy here today, even I have stayed indoors most of it (and that's not like me!)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:46 PM
What would you do with them eh Oh Zena you have had your mummy worried sick today..

So pleased the emergency is all over and Zena is back to her old self. I think you might be right about the heat stroke...I never knew about the bright red tongue thing so you have taught me something.

Glad to be there for you...relax now and enjoy what's left of the day

Elaine xxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:06 PM
That's music to my ears, Helena. I am so pleased to hear that she is back to herself again and doing what she always does and sticking to you! Bless her.

May she continue to continue to her full self again.

Big hugs to her and to you from me and doggy licks from Loki xxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Awww...wonderful news Aitch! I'm so pleased your girl is back to normal. Give her a hug from me and big wags and licks from Cassie. xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks all!

Everything still ok here, she's been playing in the pool coz it's sooo hot and muggy yet again down Sarf, then she laid down nice and quietly, then she's eaten the other half of the tin of their food with her ab's it all went down a treat, she's starving hungry and she loves that Royal Canin tinned instead of her crunchy old kibble, with roast chicken of course I am hoping for a quiet evening, a good night's sleep and Zena being totally back to her normal nutty self tomorrow so that we can go out very early and have a nice walk and get back to normal now. What a relief, I just can't tell you!

Thanks to Dogsey I think we've come up with our own diagnosis, the vet still hasn't rung me back but I must tell her our findings when/if she does!

Dyane can I just ask you please, did your beardie have that bright red tongue, coz it seems to be the most classic symptom of this heatstroke from what I am reading? If ONLY the vet had mentioned it last night I would have dunked her in the pool when we got back, and why oh why did I not think of that instead of those cold wet towels, but then again, headless chicken mode wasn't I!

Thanks again.xxxx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh, this sounds better and better! I'm so glad she's recovering!

Snorri
xxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Soooo pleased she is back to her usual self and you are happy with her.
Hope you all have a good night's sleep and back to normal tomorrow.
((hugs)))
xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I just hope you might end up with the result you're hoping for tomorrow too Snorri!

Vet just rang me, and I put forward our diagnosis and she said yes, it is possible although she would have expected the temperature to soar a lot, lot higher than 40, but then I told her she actually got WORSE by the time we got her home, the tongue went even brighter red and her panting got very extreme so she said it is possible, although she suspects some kind of infection going on too what with the sickness Monday night and the diarrhea, so hopefully in 5 day's time all will be cleared up. She has also assured me that if I get it all again tonight, I can just take her back in and they will keep her in like I want, because quite honestly, they will have to investigate further if this happens, I can't go through all that again, the not knowing. I think she knows me now, and I'm wondering what is going to go on those notes on their puter, hmmm, owner suffers with over-mothering syndrome perhaps!!! Oh I'm really relieved now I've spoken to her again.xxxxx
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »