Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Pitbull Victim View Post
John in his haste to post another one of his banal opinions quite clearly missed the word "Most".
Oh no. I saw it. I just wondered if you had seen that Labradors are among the breeds that face restrictions in some places.

But I'm curious now. Which is the minority that you are excluding from your criticism? The Borzoi? The Husky? Are they family pets?

Interesting that all PitBull attacks are followed by its owner lamenting that the dog had never done anything like that before.
I suspect you may find that is usually the case in all dog attacks irrespective of breed.
Pitbull Victim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Johnderondon posted,

"I suspect you may find that is usually the case in all dog attacks irrespective of breed."

That may be true John, but how many other breed owners feel they have to video their dog's and children together to try and convince themselves their dog's are to be trusted.
The plethora of videos highlighting Pitbull and their children only goes to show how little regard for the safety of their sproggs these Pitbull owners actually possess.
Pitbull owners know they could have a tiger by the tail, but try to delude themselves all will be well.
When a poodle runs past me with a woman's arm in its mouth I will concede then, that all dog's pose the same level of threat to the general public, but until that day comes, I can only applaud the British Government for banning such a dangerous dog.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Johnderondon posted,

"I suspect you may find that is usually the case in all dog attacks irrespective of breed."

That may be true John,
Yes, it is true. You were using a point general to all dog attacks with which to beat one particular breed. If you are correct that the pit bull is, by a clear measure, a uniquely dangerous canine then it should not be impossible for you to show this. But, if you have only rhetorical gimcrackery like this, then your argument lacks substance and merit.

Pitbull owners know they could have a tiger by the tail, but try to delude themselves all will be well.
Why do you think, given the high population of pit bulls and the frequent sub-standard ownership they suffer, that we do not see a lot more fatalities involving pit bulls?

I can only applaud the British Government for banning such a dangerous dog.
What the pit bull is and what the government banned are rather different issues but that's probably a different thread.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 07:43 PM
this link is for the member that says he is a pitbullvictim

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_14765057
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
this link is for the member that says he is a pitbullvictim

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_14765057
Nice storry.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Off topic posts deleted, please stay on topic.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Johnderondon posted,

That may be true John, but how many other breed owners feel they have to video their dog's and children together to try and convince themselves their dog's are to be trusted.
The plethora of videos highlighting Pitbull and their children only goes to show how little regard for the safety of their sproggs these Pitbull owners actually possess.
its because of people like you trying your best to give the dogs a bad name that people make the videos showing a much more fitting side to pitbulls
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I dont think every pit bull is a blood thirsty killer (as they are often portrayed by the media), but I do think that there are some breeds of dog that have a stronger tendency to aggression, and I count the pitbull amongst that category.

I dont know though whether they are any more dangerous than some of the other breeds of dog that are not restricted under the Dangerous Dogs Act, and that is the problem with the legislation.

I know there are some people on here that have Akita's and I am sure that their dogs are wonderful, but that is one breed that personally I would not have within a mile of my house after having several problems with a neighbour who had one of these dogs.

Could that dog have been better with a sensible, caring owner? Undoubtedly! Unfortunately though some idiots go and buy certain breeds of dog because of their reputation, and that can be a recipe for disaster.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by montysmum View Post
I know there are some people on here that have Akita's and I am sure that their dogs are wonderful, but that is one breed that personally I would not have within a mile of my house after having several problems with a neighbour who had one of these dogs.

Could that dog have been better with a sensible, caring owner? Undoubtedly! Unfortunately though some idiots go and buy certain breeds of dog because of their reputation, and that can be a recipe for disaster.
Awww

Mine are lovely lovely temperaments, friendly and so loving. One excels at agility in only a few months, and the other is becoming a PAT dog . Sorry you wouldn't want them within a mile of your house, i forgot to cover their ears then, so now they don't want to come anyway!

But......you've just contradicted yourself - "could it have been better with a more sensible owner yes", so why deem all Akitas so bad? This is the exact problem we have with negative breed stereotypes, well exemplified!!!

I wouldn't own a pitbull, I don't think they're very attractive or cuddly. Dangerous? In the wrong hands - very.
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Awww

Mine are lovely lovely temperaments, friendly and so loving. One excels at agility in only a few months, and the other is becoming a PAT dog . Sorry you wouldn't want them within a mile of your house, i forgot to cover their ears then, so now they don't want to come anyway!

But......you've just contradicted yourself - "could it have been better with a more sensible owner yes", so why deem all Akitas so bad? This is the exact problem we have with negative breed stereotypes, well exemplified!!!
You're right, I probably have contradicted myself

I think what I am trying to say is that if there is a rubbish owner out there with a pug that comes charging towards me with teeth barred, then I am not going to be as terrified as I am if that dog is an Akita!

The neighbours dog literally used to fling itself at the fence whenever I went out in the garden. One day the stupid woman who owned it was walking past my front garden with her dog on a lead, and it ran towards me, leapt over the garden fence - dragging her in its wake.

I had to grab my niece's little girl (aged 3yrs) and shove her in the house quickly. It broke the womans arm during all of this.

Fortunately they moved not long afterwards, but for a long time that bloody dog terrified me, and I have NEVER in all my life been scared of any dog.

I hope your dogs recover from the slur on their character soon
Page 78 of 132 « First < 28 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 88 128 > Last »