Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I don't doubt a lot of people know more about dogs than me, but something all you honest tell it like it is people forget is when a person feels attacked and leaves the forum you have lost a chance to educate them. People generally learn better if they don't feel they have to be defensive.
And IMO sometimes honest and tell it like it is means down right rude
In relation to Dogsey, I have to say I disagree with this statement. I have been a member of a different forum where attacks happen to people, usually newcomers, with such fervence and severity that they are never seen again. I was never attacked, personally, but I got so fed up watching people being flamed for asking even the most innocent of questions, I left and rarely if ever go back.

I think Dogsey is better than this, although, there are times it does stoop a little low - I've even been guilty of jumping on the "blame bandwagon" myself at times, I'm ashamed to say. I try really hard NOT to, but passion takes over at times.

In the main, I think people who post regularly on here know which members will give them a straight answer and which will sugar-coat the issue.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 08:41 AM
I am not suggesting anyone on dogsey attacks but that it can feel that way which is a different thing
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post

Jessica... How is Richard?? that was what you called your pug puppy that your Mum got you when you moved house a few months ago wasn't it??

Was it him that was up for sale on your website??
Did you pass him on or did you keep him.. I haven't seen you posting any pics of him for a while
We dont have any dogs for sale on our website???

He is fine, thank you

I have not posted many pics of anyone in a while due to not having t'internet at home so its difficult to sort pics

Dawn - Thank you for your reply (cant work out how to do multiple quotes lol) But again, what you're saying, to me, is your opinion and people are perfectly entilted to a different opinion, such as hunting. By saying you are supporting it surely that means you think it is not cruel and unethical??? But i wouild hope that you would understand the feelings of those who think it is cruel

As i said, some things are clear cut as cruel and unethical. There are clear guidelines with breed clubs and the KC about how old dogs should be when they are bred and what health tests should be done on the dogs used so yes, i would agree 100%. All dogs should be of a suitable age for breeding (differs with each breed as you know) and all should have the relevant health tests. I wouldnt argue that at all

Yu are obviously very passionate about your beliefs, but can you please try not to turn this into another breeding debate as it seems to be going that way I think this thread on its own has proved what i originally thought - No matter what the content of the thread is SUPPOSED to be about people cannot help but get stuck on the issues they find so important. There's nothing wrong with that, but it certainly explains why so many threads on here, and other forums, go off on a tangent and end up closed
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
i think people come across ALOT like the breed they own!
That would make me a cantancerous (sp??), stubborn old git then because that's what my Shaan is
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
That would make me a cantancerous (sp??), stubborn old git then because that's what my Shaan is
Well....... I didn't like to say, but......

Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 10:19 AM
My two breeds are pugs and labs.... I dread to think what that means about me!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
We dont have any dogs for sale on our website???

He is fine, thank you

I have not posted many pics of anyone in a while due to not having t'internet at home so its difficult to sort pics

He may not be there NOW...but he was and you know he was..as do a few others who saw him on there..
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't doubt a lot of people know more about dogs than me, but something all you honest tell it like it is people forget is when a person feels attacked and leaves the forum you have lost a chance to educate them. People generally learn better if they don't feel they have to be defensive.
And IMO sometimes honest and tell it like it is means down right rude

Exactly ....... that is how I feel. As I always say, manners cost nothing. We all feel very passionate about certain issues. However, if we communicate in a civil manner, not accusing, or blaming but advising and helping, it can make such a difference.

Before anyone says it, yes, I have been known to 'speak my mind' on a thread or two on the breeding section but this has been because I've not liked the way certain Thread Starters have been treated (sometimes appallingly).

There are also, on this Forum as well as others, lots of backhanded comments going on. Can't see the point of this. If you have something to say, then say it, out in the open and honestly (but politely) not "ask" questions that it appears the poster already knows the answer to.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Very interesting thread,as someone who has also studied psychology, I find people interesting, pref from a distance, which is why I think I like forums.I agree with some previous comments about people who are very opinionated putting others off, and I know what it feels like to feel that you don't want to post because you know it will lead to an argument, unless its something I feel very strongly about then I usually walk away, as I would in real life, but if I feel strongly about it, eg a person being bullied or an animal being mistreated themn beware, I will fight to the end.I think that on this forum there are some outspoken people which is fine, and people with stong opinions which is fine, but there are also people who are IMO bullies and must be very sad people in their real lives that they feel the need to be so forceful on this or any other forum.I have also noticed that sometimes newbies, myself included have been ignored I have commented on something only to have others talk over me to each other, leaving me feeling like I am invisible, this happens with members who have been on here for a long time, and who obviously know each other very well, obviously it happens in real life too, I have also seen it happen to other people, and wonder if these more established members even know they are doing it.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I have also noticed that sometimes newbies, myself included have been ignored I have commented on something only to have others talk over me to each other, leaving me feeling like I am invisible
Absolutely, have felt that too .................
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »