13-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Glad he is back to normal................well as normal as a man can ever be

best wishes to you both,

Jeanette
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Fantastic. . . so glad he feels ok, and he is back to normal .. . well you know what I mean he's a man, for God's sake!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Glad Dave is feeling okay
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Glad Dave is ok. x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone, and thanks for helping me keep it all so lighthearted, it's much better for my poor little heart to keep things on a humerous level until I need to start worrying. Being a Virgo, we usually do everyone else's worrying for them, we seem to enjoy it somehow , and I know deep down how worried I was coz of how tired I got last night when it was all over, I was asleep by 9.30 and didn't walke up till my normal 6.00 am!! Must have been worn out, poor old thing that I am!!!

He's gone off to work feeling none the worse for his unpleasant experience yesterday, and he keeps talking about it too, makes a pleasant change from cars I suppose and now he wants to eat all healthily so that he doesn't feel constantly bloated. He wants salad every night as usual and I have told him, that is what is making him feel all bloated, it's all fibre!!!

Whilst he was undergoing the actual test, he told the consultant about his bloatedness, and the consultant told him that it's all well and good these people telling us all to eat more fibre, but it's the fibre that causes us to feel so uncomfortable all the time, and we shouldn't be doing it!!!!! .... and he's a gastric consultant!!!!! Makes you wonder doesn't it!!!

I will have everything crossed for your Robert whilst I'm awaiting Dave's results Eunice, but I'm sure we'll be ok there. In all honestly, I think they would TELL them there and then if they found anything nasty. They did with me when they found my blocked heart artery, they told me immediately as soon as they saw it, so try not to worry.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I am sure you are right Helena and they would have said there and then if the news was bad, but like you I am a bit of a worrier, tho' I t6ry hard not to .

Thanks for keeping my spirits up tho and I am sure weewill both be relived when the results come in a couple of weeks. Everything crossed here too for both Deve and Robert's results.

BIG hugs to you Aitch and thanks again.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
He wants salad every night as usual and I have told him, that is what is making him feel all bloated, it's all fibre!!!
I'm so glad you had a good sleep last night and your batteries are recharged and sounds like you're much more relaxed now it's over, must have been a worry but it's done now and Dave can get back to his cars

I presume the salads you're mentioning are the lettuce and tomatoes type of thing which I always thought were the very best things you could eat. I'm not much a salad man myself except maybe potatoe salad which has a lot of mayonaise in it (The low fat type of course )
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Everything crossed here too for both Deve and Robert's results.
Yes, have included your Robert in the fingers and paws crossing excercise That's four sets of fingers (OH & me) and of course eight sets of paws (Rianna & Baruska) twelve in all, that should help shouldn't it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Awww, don't worry too much Eunice, coz I know I'm right, they wouldn't have told ME there and then that I had a big problem would they, and I know for sure Dave did ask them and he said they had found nothing that looked sinister but he'd be the first to know when they did, and the fact that they had taken 5 biopsies was ONLY because they wanted to give the trainee a bit of practice! Sort of using Dave as a guinea pig but he didn't mind!

Hi H, yes, salad every night apart from week-ends, which is the lettuce, cue, spring onions, raddishes, onion, green peppers the whole works! He just loves it - maybe is the guinea pig they thought he was then yesterday!!! Lol! I have a problem with the cold meat too, he loves his corned beef!!! My friends or me and Mum tuck into all this nice food lunchtime, and they always say tome "what's poor old Dave having then, corned beef?!!!!" I have now tempted him into having a hot meal one night and salad on alternative nights and see if it helps with his bloating. I don't suffer with it you see, but then I eat my meat and veg every day like a good girl should!!!
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >