View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I think that from now on, I'm gonna share the bed with the dogs. That way, I won't be bothered by snoring, grunting and farting all night long

Snorri
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Well I couldn't sleep Wed night so apparently I kept the OH awake by watching tv in bed.... shame lol.
He said I turned the tv off at 1.17am, not that he was counting.

So went to have my blood test yesterday, an had a long chat with the phlebotomist about becoming one. Gave me lots of advice, and have checked the nhs website but no jobs advertised yet. Putting that on the back burner but will def be following that one up.

Got a phonecall today to say the blood tests results are back and the gp is not happy with one of them and wants it repeated in a week so am booked in for next Friday. It's not a fasting one so can't be the cholesterol or diabetes one.... now I wish I had asked what they all were.

Had real panics yesterday morning though and I don't know why? My insides were in knots and I don't mind blood tests at all. I was agoraphobic as a teen and it felt similar, don't think I'm going down that road again though, just worrying.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm loving that first paragraph there Becky - must have made you feel better doing that!!!

My friend was a phebotomist and she loved it, 9 to 5 too, no stress either, so keep that back burner lit won't you!

The blood test result probably showed up how stressed you were, could have affected the liver enzymes, one of which points to the heart being stressed out, and you WERE that day weren't you! Not anymore you're not though, so hopefully when he takes another one next week, it'll be normal.

Dave's recent one showed up liver enzymes high, and he is totally stressed out. Everything shows up in a blood test remember, well most things.

I thought you had calmed yourself right down now, so I don't know about why you were feeling like that yesterday? Stress works in mysterious ways in our bodies ya know, but it usually affects your weakest points, it has to come out somewhere I suppose, or somehow. Poor you, maybe get that wine out again this evening if you've got any left, or text the o/h to get you a new one on the way home, that's a much better idea!xxxxx Take care, still thinking of you.xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Well was pleased to be reading you were feeling better, then realised as I read on that you have gone downhill a bit, I think it will happen though. Hope the blood test turns out alright and like Helena says maybe it because you are feeling stressed again it is showing up.
Had to laugh at the conversation between you and Helena and Jackie. Good to see your sense of humour is still there. The idea of the new job sounds good you could practice the inserting of needles on your OH you will be a professional in no time.
Take care.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Could well be the liver as the last tests I had, when I went for my circulation problems showed I had Gilbert's Syndrome, which will never affect my health but just raises my bilirubin.
I am sat here now, totally in a knot and I don't know why.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Could well be the liver as the last tests I had, when I went for my circulation problems showed I had Gilbert's Syndrome, which will never affect my health but just raises my bilirubin.
Becky that is all part and parcel of this depression thing you just don't know why you feel like you do. Its so annoying and frustrating you will come out the other side though. (((Hugs))).xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
NOw come on, untie yourself woman, it's meeee who does all that tying up remember?????!!!! Have you got any ice cream left in that freezer??? It does wonders for the soul ya know, so go and find the biggest bowl you can and fill it up - I wish I could share mine with you (NOT!) but I can't (that's a shame!!!). Awwww Becky, don't feel down, you've been doing so well, we're all proud of you.xxxxxxx maybe you need some more kisses xxxxxxxxx and possibly a big hug, here ya go............

Or maybe a couple of these?????

terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks Lynn , that did make me smile H, I have to say.

Picked Charlie up from school and was just coming in the house when I saw the lady from the office driving down the road.
I did not want to see her, and I thought I bet they are blooming well bringing my schedule in for next week when I feel worse than ever at the mo. (Sorting out financial mess).
So I went in quick, gave it an hour and went to look in the postbox.
Saw a little envelope in the door (good job the dogs didn't eat it like the last thing posted through the letterbox, the famous farting pen!)... turns out I won the pub card at work.... and I hated the idea of the pub card.
£10 and she hopes I am feeling better and less stressed.

See now I feel silly for hiding.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Becky, can't you extend this time off somehow? You're going back to the quack I'm sure he'd sign you off and they've GOT to pay you a certain amount of sick pay haven't they? I know Dave has to for so many days/weeks??? You can't go back on Monday, you're not right yet, so this whole week off will have been for nothing until you do get yourself back on track! xxxxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Becky, can't you phone the doc and ask the receptionist which result was off? Tell her you are sitting there getting yourself in a stew.

I mean, it might be something as simple as iron levels low, which can cause all sorts of symptoms, yet which are easily fixed.

Don't spend a week waiting and stressing - give them a call...and while you're at it - definitely more time off...
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »