Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Brown noseing???
I'm thinking that can only mean one thing!

That you've been eating choclate in a piggy type manner and so have no need of more!
Begone, and leave the whippies to us who have none
Crafty ploy......pick us all off one at a time til its just you left.........you'll have to get up earlier in the day to catch me out
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by tova View Post
By the way you'll never guess what, took Jack out again for mum today and mentioned the saga of the nutless whip and guess what- she had one yesterday, it was WITHOUT WALNUT!!!! What can be going on here. Perhaps Ian the newsagent has a thing for walnuts and has a cunning way of extracting the nut from the wrapping and making it appear untouched?
Or maybe Mr. Nestle is having a laugh at the expense of the people of the Isle of Man?
It's not right.......
The plot thickens. I would be checking said newsagent for a scalpel and some pritstick.........and walnut crumbs around his mouth (Just call me Grisom)
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Official history of the Walnut Whip from their official site...(with my bits added in bold lol)

WALNUT WHIP
Launched in 1910, Walnut Whip is Nestle Rowntree's oldest current brand. It was previously made by Duncan's of Edinburgh (Made by a Scot, so maybe tight with his walnuts????. )
Over 1 million walnuts are used every week in the manufacture of Walnut Whips at Halifax, West Yorkshire. Most of them are imported from China and India.
(So that's a good reason to economise on the walnuts, as A, they have a large carbon footprint and B, a few must drop off the shipment on the way over here )The original Walnut Whip used to have a walnut placed inside the shell as well as on top.
(See? economising already by halving the amount of walnuts used!)
Almost one Walnut Whip is eaten every 2 seconds in the UK.
(Ah yes, I have to admit one every two seconds is my personal best )
Walnut Whip generated £8million of sales in 2003.
(So they won't mind sending us a few boxes for this interesting and humourous thread, highlighting the delights of a walnut whip and so, boosting sales as I am sure this will appear on Google if we keep mentioning then! )

MMmmmmm, Walnut Whips.... delicious!
(more brown noseing)
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Very interesting that Wishbone. Shall memorise it all so as I shall always have a conversation piece when faced with an uncomfortable silence!
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
The plot thickens. I would be checking said newsagent for a scalpel and some pritstick.........and walnut crumbs around his mouth (Just call me Grisom)
Hmmm. Ian definitely sells pritstick. In fact he is a veritable treasure trove of all sorts of small emergency items so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a scalpel or two out the back...will ask him...
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7