View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 09:39 PM
She's probably just feeling a little down and sorry for herself, you've both been through quite a lot in the last few days.

On the other hand, they do know how to make you feel like crap
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Bless her heart, she is missing all those home comforts x
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi Helena i have just seen this thread i hope all is well soon with your mum and you take care
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 09:23 AM
awww Helena, you and your poor mum.

I am sure after a few days when she realises everybody means business, she will settle down and accept she has to cooperate. It must be such a shock to the system for her, when she gets talking to the other people in there she will feel happier, its just getting the conversation going in the first place.

You both need the rest, in the long run you will both benifit

Thinking of you xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Awww Helena. Mums hey.
I think it now sinking in she has to stay there longer than she first thought, and she wants to be home with you being spoilt, here she is going to have to work. My Mum got angry with my SIL for making her work when she broke her hip.
She is still suffering but still does stupid things, we just say now if you didn't do them you wouldn't be in the pain, but they know best.
I now threaten with if you don't do as your told you will have to leave your house and go into a home it settles her down for a while.
They can be such hard work and seem so ungrateful as they become so frustrated at losing their independence.
They aren't ungrateful though, so take it with a pinch of salt about it all being for your benefit it is some of it but it is also for hers and I am sure in time she will realise it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Helen - just big hugs from me. This is a tough time for you all and I really feel for you.
xxxxxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Aw Helen, poor you and your poor mum... she is probably feeling confused and frustrated and is in pain and you are her sounding board.....
Hope things get sorted quickly and your Mum starts to get better really soon, so you can relax...((((BIG HUGS)))) hun, know you need them
Love Claire xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh my Helen, what a time you are having.
But you know we are all here for you, keep posting, just to get things off your chest.
Thinking of you {{{{{hugs}}}}}
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I've only just caught up with this. What a lot you've had to deal with. Big hugs to you, it all sounds very stressful. Hugs to your mum too as all the change must be very stressful for her too.x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Awwww, I'm so sorry it's going to be a rough ride for you. As Vicki says, please be careful doing that 20 mile round trip and don't rush. You need to take your time and stay safe.
Your mum will be missing her home comforts and be annoyed that she can't have them in hospital. Hopefully the staff in the hospital won't stand any nonsense and have her fit enough to be home with you soon. xx
Page 7 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »