View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

25-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I expect the RGT was set up for the same reasons, the Dogs Trust, and every other canine rescue was, dont you? to rehome unwanted dogs. You keep saying you are perfectly aware of how i feel, but keep wanting to remind me and everyone else, why is that? :smt017 I mean if you want to keep reminding people I am PRO docking, PRO Fox Hunting, PRO Greyhound racing and Horse racing, and PRO Hare coursing too, I have done it for you!! :smt044 :smt023

I cant recall ever saying dogs should be gotten rid of "in whatever way" either, I do recall saying being killed with a humane killer is legal and accepted as humane, and no I dont have a problem with it, although I think you'll find I also said I could never do it I think Spot is trying to have a dig at Dawnie again and again, but hey! I dont mind, you go right ahead. :smt024
me dig at you!!! never would happen just like you would never dig at me we both know each others views this is true.

I think the difference is that the dogs trust was set up to take in strays unwanted dogs of any breed from all areas, the RGT was set up to take the dogs from a specific industry that was producing the problem and didnt really care about what was happening to the surplus which most breeders trainers dont as opposed to ethical breeders who do care what happens to their dogs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
me dig at you!!! never would happen just like you would never dig at me we both know each others views this is true.

I think the difference is that the dogs trust was set up to take in strays unwanted dogs of any breed from all areas, the RGT was set up to take the dogs from a specific industry that was producing the problem and didnt really care about what was happening to the surplus which most breeders trainers dont as opposed to ethical breeders who do care what happens to their dogs.
Yes thats probably the main difference.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Any breeder, what ever the breed should put their dogs welfare 1st, what ever the dog is.
For a person to cut off the ears of a grey so they can't be traced,is sick.
I have problems with the way the dogs are pushed and pushed then disgarded if they have served their purpose regarding the track.
The few greys i have met are x racers, whom have been homed through rescue, and they are now happy pets.
So it can work out for some dogs, but the fact they was disgarded and placed in rescue or had terrible things done to them in the process is where my problems lie.
So to me the only way this will ever stop is for the sport to stop.
Just because a type of dog was built to work in some form, doesn't mean it has too be subjected to it.
I have only ever owned working breeds, none have mine have worked as they where bred for,i'm not saying they aren't capable but i don't wish to participate.

I just can't see it as a sport, i just see the animals and the negatives for the animal involved, i don't see what people get out of it.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Any breeder, what ever the breed should put their dogs welfare 1st, what ever the dog is.
For a person to cut off the ears of a grey so they can't be traced,is sick.
I have problems with the way the dogs are pushed and pushed then disgarded if they have served their purpose regarding the track.
The few greys i have met are x racers, whom have been homed through rescue, and they are now happy pets.
So it can work out for some dogs, but the fact they was disgarded and placed in rescue or had terrible things done to them in the process is where my problems lie.
So to me the only way this will ever stop is for the sport to stop. Just because a type of dog was built to work in some form, doesn't mean it has too be subjected to it.
I have only ever owned working breeds, none have mine have worked as they where bred for,i'm not saying they aren't capable but i don't wish to participate.

I just can't see it as a sport, i just see the animals and the negatives for the animal involved, i don't see what people get out of it.
its not going to happen to many people like it,its life,and death is part of life,comes full circle xxxx
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 03:58 AM
Borderdawn said
am I not a dog lover because I enjoy greyhound racing
I believe I answered that

But if you can live with supporting an industry that treats dogs like used sports equipment, then by all means, but don't call yourself a dog lover. Dog lovers love all dogs. Not just terriers and not sighthounds. Etc.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 04:00 AM
bajaluna said
its not going to happen to many people like it,its life,and death is part of life,comes full circle xxxx
But misery, suffering, abuse, starvation, mutilation and abandonment are not simply a "part of life" We have a responsibility to protect these animals as they cannot protect themselves.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Borderdawn said

I believe I answered that
:smt002
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
But misery, suffering, abuse, starvation, mutilation and abandonment are not simply a "part of life" We have a responsibility to protect these animals as they cannot protect themselves.
Well said, I completely agree.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7