View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Yep I agree with Staffy lol. I think I may have exhausted myself and I cant be bothered going round in circles.

Bottom line is the ban HAS happened up here in Scotland so no point in my arguing against it it is a fact that it will happen. Those who choose to smoke are strongly opposed and those who choose not to smoke are strongly for the ban, there will be no changing other sides minds so lets leave it at that.

Laura
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 01:24 PM
Well said Laura
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:21 PM
I didnt start this thread to argue over smoking pursay, i was talking about the ban in scotland, what people thought about it etc
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Smokers don't like it and non smokers think it's a good idea ! I think just about sums it up
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Gems
I didnt start this thread to argue over smoking pursay, i was talking about the ban in scotland, what people thought about it etc
Well I did think that is what I was trying to do but since it has happened in my country I tend to get a bit heated. Trouble is Gems the opinion will pretty much always be the same from smokers and non-smokers whether you are talking about smoking in general or something that touches on the subject thats why I said what I did about ending this thread, not to upset you because you started it or becaus I thought it was a bad subject but just because opinions will largely always be the same and we end up going round in circles
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Well im sorry i ever started it then
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Gems no one has fallen out over it - some of us have enjoyed it That's what a heated debate forum is for !
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Exactly! thats what it is for
I didnt realise this topic had been covered before!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Oh there is no need to be like that Gems, your entitled to put up whatever topic you choose likewise everybody is entitled to have their opinions on the matter heated or otherwise.

All I was trying to do is diffuse this a little and put an end to what will otherwise be a subject that will go around and around like we saw with the previous subject. Like others and myself have said people tend to agree or not agree with the smoknig issues and neither tend to back down thats all. It was a good subject to bring up I just personally feel that it will carry on being a one argument subject for those for and those against, I think all that needs to be said on the matter has and not everybody is going to agree all the time, yes this is a heated debates section so everybody else carry on if they have the energy. Maybe I am picking this up wrong but judging by the tone of your last post I have upset you in some way which isnt my intention here not to you or anybody.

Obviously though I dont speak for everybody so I will make this my last post on the subject and try to leave it at here
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:08 PM
No didnt upset me
Its hard to protray emotion over the web, i was just being sarcastic!
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »