Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
I agree with this statement, not personally to you, but to everyone.
i can see you have never met my grand pap
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by lillybet
i can see you have never met my grand pap

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 09:53 AM
I love piercings and tatoos.
Have my ears pierced 2 times one ear on time the other...don't wear ear rings now ( can't be bothered) but taught for years like that.
I worse doc Martens to school with twwe black pencil skirt and blouse...other staff took a while to get used to it, didn't even occur to me I was doing anyhting 'different' I expected people to accept me as I was. I was naive, but thankfully i was accepted because I was good at my job ( apparently).

I embrace differences in people.

I love us all being different.
As long as tatoos aren't offensive and trying to provoke...great ( too much of a coward to have one, but have always sort of fancied and ankle or shoulder one).

Society stereotypes, we all put people into boxes, it's how we cope and process info about people, that's fine as long as we are open and willling to move boxes for people or dispose of them altogether and make a new one. The bad thing is not everyone is willing to do that.

You cannot compare race/disability etc to piercings and tatoos, not even a little biut. Not when there is choice involved.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 09:55 AM
ok . i wish every1 would just get on with every1 no matter how they look. and i hop you become a confident women 2.

what made you think i am confident i never said i am? is it the way i look?

(i am sort of confident but thats not my point)
Hmm not really sure, yes your picture stikes me as you are someone who is confident of their body. (which is a good thing believe me!)

I used to be confident, but life drags you down sometimes. When i've lost about 4 stone i'll be happy again (i hope!)
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 09:56 AM
no really he uses things like "the gay's" or "the dark people" and think's people with tattoos must be sick in the head and any1 that smokes is also a wast of space ect. so he was not happy when i came home at 17preg! (thank god he don't no everything about me.)
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Hmm not really sure, yes your picture stikes me as you are someone who is confident of their body. (which is a good thing believe me!)

I used to be confident, but life drags you down sometimes. When i've lost about 4 stone i'll be happy again (i hope!)
i did self harm, have had eating problems and have had a boob job! i was 17st so i no what it's like trust me. i am not body confident but i couldn't give a poo waht people think about me. i no i am a good person
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 10:07 AM
i did self harm, have had eating problems and have had a boob job! i was 17st so i no what it's like trust me. i am not body confident but i couldn't give a poo waht people think about me. i no i am a good person
Yeah i know im a good person, but unfortunatly i do give a poo what people think about me. And the OH in particular, i know he is not happy with my current figure and he knows im not happy about it, which makes me really self-consious (sp)
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah i know im a good person, but unfortunatly i do give a poo what people think about me. And the OH in particular, i know he is not happy with my current figure and he knows im not happy about it, which makes me really self-consious (sp)
o i no that 1 hun my OH would call me fat when i was preg! i am now just under 9st 5ft8 and he still says i am abit fat. men are never happy
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 10:16 AM
o i no that 1 hun my OH would call me fat when i was preg! i am now just under 9st 5ft8 and he still says i am abit fat. men are never happy
Oh good im not the only one then
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Oh come on people, it is only packageing. I can honestly say i am a truely confident woman. I like me, thats a good start, i have complete faith in my own abilities. I always strive to be the best that i can be and if thats not good enough for others they can take a hike.
Page 7 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »