View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 06:49 PM
I live in Stoke on Trent within the county of Staffordshire (more towards the moorlands than the city though)

Stoke on Trent (or more commonly called The Potteries) is famous for fine bone china - Wedgewood - Royal Doulton - Aynsley - Coalport - Spode to name a few.

The captain of the doomed Titanic was born here as was the inventor of the Spitfire, Reginald Mitchel
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I Live in South Oxfordshire, Yes the posh part
In a town called Henley, where the Royal Regatta is held - posh people and rowing

Its not too big not too small, right in the heart of the chiltern countryside, so fab for walking the dogs
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Well like Hevvurr i live in the northewest of england in Preston. Old mill/factory town which thanks to pointless campaign is now a city...Has University of Central Lancs where i used to go till last summer Used to live in Tarleton which is between Southport and Preston but now live with OH in preston. Its ok got some great takeaways (sad i know) also has beacon fell, inglewhite (conutrysidey bits) Harris Museum and a dull town centre....but i do like the fact that 5 minutes drive north and you are in the middle of nowhere and there are some great schools etc....Its usually cold and damp and nondescript but its my home and i like it.....xx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 10:09 PM
PS Have a friend who is from Britz, SA (not sure thats the correct spelling) his parents have an apartment complex in sun City
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
I live in Hertfordshire, South East England. it's really boing in my town, nothing to look at or do.
There are houses, houses and more houses. And they're still building more! There are some fields where I can walk Brandie I have to share them with lots of large cows though
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Hello Wolfie and Helena 54...I live in Kent,The Garden of England and not too far away from the places you both mention in this beautiful SE corner of England...I live in a pleasant village between Ashford and Tenterde...
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I live in Saddleworth that is just about 3 miles outside the town of Oldham and around 10 miles from the city of Manchester

This is the park in the village of Uppermill which is one of the villages of Saddleworth

This is a park in Diggle which is another of the Saddleworth villages and has also got a lovely walk along the Canal.

Hiya Foxy...Lovely photos envoking happy memories for me of an area I know well, as I am a Mancunuian born and bred...
Baileysmom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Im originally from Essex, but have been living in Edinburgh for the past 17 years and this is where I call home! It's beautiful
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 05:28 PM
live in portsmouth. love it so much i want to move anywhere else in the world!!!!
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-10-2005, 10:00 PM
we now live in the Scotish Boders just come back from a holiday in the Outer Hebradies, that was fantastic..
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >