View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 09:28 PM
TW, thank goodness for the compassion of some receptionists, and with luck you are now on the way to having a proper diagnosis and treatment. As you say, your inner self must feel somewhat molified.

Eileen you naughty girl you.......just when was it that you read Lady Chatterley.........hmmmmmmmmMMMMMM?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
He was up said ladder, leaning over to the right to peer into the bathroom ............................ladder slipped He said it all went in slow motion from then on, he seemed like he was suspended in mid air, he thought to himself, this isn't good, and then it crashed flat out on the floor with him on top of it
Something very similar happened to me in my garage, was trying to put some stuff up in the rafters, ladder slipped, I fell on my back side onto the bonnet of the car below, and from there to the floor

The NSO (National Statistics Office) publish a list every year of accidents and the most common domestic accident involves ladders and has done for the past 30 years or more.

Tell Dave I'm glad he wasn't hurt.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Didn't Lord Gord 'lose' the last Mem to suicide on the disappearance of the gardener, how many rampant gardeners out there are there and are there any around my way
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
29 days going to try and get my last 'long' run done this weekend and then all interval/strength training between now and then

I wish i was dead
have to date raised nearly 800 for charity, not annoyed anyone at work yet and someone has donated an awesome 'experience' type prize for a sweepstake i was going to do at work, so hopefully my efforts will come to something!
I have huge admiration for you, and I doubt that anyone who has seriously run this marathon for charity has found the going easy. In fact most of you lovely nutters probably are vowing at this point never ever to do the likes again. Most of you will though

The thing is, it doesn't matter how much you raise - whatever it is will make a difference, and it will all be because of your selfless hard work.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I know,really must behave I did read Lady Chatterley,long time ago thing is she really wasn't very Chatterley at all
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 09:34 PM
There are no gardeners of that ilk around here either TW The nearest that I have found (and I have looked) is a somewhat geriatric hypochondriac with an aversion to work of any description.

Hello Harvey
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Didn't Lord Gord 'lose' the last Mem to suicide on the disappearance of the gardener, how many rampant gardeners out there are there and are there any around my way
Oh no I really shouldn't have said that.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I have huge admiration for you, and I doubt that anyone who has seriously run this marathon for charity has found the going easy. In fact most of you lovely nutters probably are vowing at this point never ever to do the likes again. Most of you will though

The thing is, it doesn't matter how much you raise - whatever it is will make a difference, and it will all be because of your selfless hard work.
I've done it before, HATED it, my 50 year old mother beat me by nearly 2 hours, went off far to fast and got tired about 5 miles in! but i think my trainings gone better this year, and i'm not fussed about time or anything just want to get round and raise ££££ for charity in the process. And then never ever do any exercise again ever.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 09:37 PM
It's so odd to think that Lady C caused such a rumpus when first published...........these days it would probably be classed as suitable for children! (Joke by the way, in case anyone accuses me of anything untoward)
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Oh no I really shouldn't have said that.
*hands Eileen a consoling chota peg
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »