View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 07:56 PM
LS,had the same situation with one of mine,few years back Guess the wee nerves just get the better of them,we had a few tears too but it was fine...Hope she's ok
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2013, 07:59 PM
You only had one dog, I've got 4, and in like any family there are differing types, and you have to be aware of this.
As a mother, you know your children and their strengths and weaknesses, you know what they can and can't do, and whether they are likely to end up as a Captain of Industry or the Captain of the netball team, none of them are the same, some are leaders and some are followers, but they all have a place in society. Look at a children's classroom, there are the School Prefects, and there are the ones that are in detention all the time, there are the swots and the ones that maybe aren't academic but have excellent practical skills. Same with my dogs basically.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks Eileen. It made it worse when she said she couldn't get her dance steps right. Kids do this though, don't they? Get us all worked up and worried for them but they are just fine when it comes to it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
You only had one dog, I've got 4, and in like any family there are differing types, and you have to be aware of this.
As a mother, you know your children and their strengths and weaknesses, you know what they can and can't do, and whether they are likely to end up as a Captain of Industry or the Captain of the netball team, none of them are the same, some are leaders and some are followers, but they all have a place in society. Look at a children's classroom, there are the School Prefects, and there are the ones that are in detention all the time, there are the swots and the ones that maybe aren't academic but have excellent practical skills. Same with my dogs basically.
Yes about the children but you don't have to keep them 'separated' off from one another just because they've got different personalities and talents!

I just didn't realise it was all so complex.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Lynne , Joedee and Helena again and Pat.

Well the wardrobe is sort of together Gorden will have to do the doors I lost the will too live after a while. I have been able to hide boxes in it and some on the top of it so almost achieved what I wanted today.

Just to let you know the daily chatterers thread is now up and running for people who post on the daily thread. Its a bit like the registered members section but you don't have to be a supporter financially only have to post fairly regularly in the daily thread but may feel you want to post something you don't wish to go on the daily thread which everyone can see.
OK I don't see the need for this (unless it's just another desperate measure to stop people using bookface for contact?)

But where exactly is this? And if you have to be 'approved' to post on it - isn't that much the same thing AZZ abandoned before where he was going to let people have the say so about WHO could post and who could not post on their threads?

Excuse my dimness but if the only requirement is that you post regularly on here - well we've already got the Daily Thread haven't we?

And if you and Helena were already feeling overburdened with the daily thread - how is having another one to 'oversee' going to help with that?

Last question - are multi quotes banned on the new thread too?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thanks Eileen. It made it worse when she said she couldn't get her dance steps right. Kids do this though, don't they? Get us all worked up and worried for them but they are just fine when it comes to it.
You're right must be nerve wrecking for them all the same,all the size of them The swimming will help with the confidence building,I know it did with me
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2013, 08:06 PM
She isn't separated off from them permanently, just till she's got her own place with the babies, and gradually everyone will integrate again. She has always been the low ranking one, and it is something you need to be aware of, just as you need to be aware of which one dishes it out as well. Different personalities need different types of handling its not a case of one size fits all.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
You're right must be nerve wrecking for them all the same,all the size of them The swimming will help with the confidence building,I know it did with me
Oh blimey Eileen, when I watched her little figure disappear into the school and I couldn't stay - it was torture. (I know, get the violins out). I haven't told her yet but tomorrow her Grandparents will be there too.

I hope the swimming will help.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Nah.. daily thread will still be on the open forum

The Daily Chatters Group can be joined via the 'Awards and Schemes' link in the left hand column: Dog Forum

It's basically a section to post stuff when you just want your fellow daily-thread-chatterer-friends to see.

It's a bit like a social network group, but in-house on the forum

We may add more groups later, if we think they are needed

I will post a thread about it later - but thought I'd let Lynn and Helena break the news to you first
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
OK I don't see the need for this (unless it's just another desperate measure to stop people using bookface for contact?)

But where exactly is this? And if you have to be 'approved' to post on it - isn't that much the same thing AZZ abandoned before where he was going to let people have the say so about WHO could post and who could not post on their threads?

Excuse my dimness but if the only requirement is that you post regularly on here - well we've already got the Daily Thread haven't we?

And if you and Helena were already feeling overburdened with the daily thread - how is having another one to 'oversee' going to help with that?

Last question - are multi quotes banned on the new thread too?
See my post above - except I forgot to add, once you join the group a new section shows just beneath the hidden 'members only' forum called 'Daily Thread Chatters'.

With regards to what it could be used for, it's for when anyone wants to post stuff just for the regular Daily Thread chatterers to see.

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 08:15 PM
She'll be well chuffed LS I often felt like grabbing mine offstage just before it was their turn for speech and drama Turns out they both did fine but I was a wreck Its a mum thing!
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »