Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 07:04 PM
had a little nap!!
Lacey says Thankyou guys for all the lovely well wishes,she knows who everyone is...I tell her
Hubby will be home at 10,late but good
Need to pop down to Argos have a few bits reserved,oldest can manage the Princess till I get back...daren't leave the room at the minute but she'll soon come round from that...I hope
Freezing cold here,bitter
LYNN,glad you had a good time
HELENA,enjoy your night
TW,will backtrack and have a catch up,see what's occurring with the puppylets xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Well, one good thing about coming on late in the day is that some scary emergencies are sorted and over and done with

Thank goodness that Lacey is okay now, and I must say Eileen, you were very calm throughout it all even if you did miss her like crazy. As you say, it is a lesson hard learned - but then again loads of people get away with it with no trouble at all (probably the same ones that leave their ponies out in spring grass ). I always stick to Drontal, with the odd Milbemax thrown in from time to time to ring the changes, and have had no problems.

H - enjoy your night out old thing, I will be thinking of you tucking into that steak although the idea of just one glass of wine seems a little meagre.

Jenny, how sweet of your dear dog to throw up on the sofa........and how thoughtful; after all, he could have chosen the kitchen floor, or heaven forbid, the garden

Tang, that snowy scene is so picturesque......but does look a tad chilly. We have been issued a "warning" that from now until the New Year there will be a relentless round of storms, with high winds and torrential rain or snow. Sigh. If it stops my computer with it's attendant nerd driving over from Gloucester next week I will not be best pleased

Lynn, I am glad that your lunch was good along with the journey there and back.

TW, you thought ages ago that it would be Keshi who would take over matronly duties and it seems that you are about to be provide right. What happens to Cariad now that she is being demoted? Will she behave differently I wonder.

Hello to everyone else........my memory has gone blank now.

I did some more present wrapping today, but it became clear that much more paper would be needed so I charged his lordship with the task of going to buy more. I said that one roll would probably be enough, but not to buy the really cheap thin stuff because it was impossible to use. Off he toddled, and came back a couple of hours later having been waylaid by some ne'er do well in the Feathers.........he proudly proclaimed that he had bought two, which should be plenty. Oh, he bought two allright.......two SHEETS of vastly expensive paper, which might just about do for two prezzies if I am careful! It just flipping shows how often he does shopping at Christmas doesn't it Oh well, I needed to go up tomorrow for some ciggies anyway, so will buy a roll from Tescos!

Anyone want an elderly JRT?? On the walk this morning he snaffled a piece of toast; a small bone of some description (no idea whether it was cooked or not because it was crunched up before I could prise it out); and a chocolate of some description - he also nearly........and at this point, if you are of a delicate constitution as wot I am, look away............gobbled up a huge pile of sick Sheer terror that I would not stop heaving for days if he did that, enabled me to drag him past and far far away.
Why do I pay a fortune for salmon and potato for this dog? I might just as well not bother with this allergy diet thing.

Nearly time for Corrie
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Evening Sally and eeeewwwww to Jimmi too.
Thank goodness I had finished my crumpets.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Eugh to Jimmi, you'd have had an horrendous time with him, any after effects from the stuff he DID manage to eat
Sally, Cariad still runs the show, just that there is someone else to help now. There was only her and Lona when she was both midwife and nanny, then Mabs arrived, so when Cariad had her last litter, she selected Mabs to be nanny, although she wouldn't have anyone but me there during the delivery.
Now there are 3 to delegate various jobs to, so Keshi is Nanny and her and Lona will sit back and issue the orders!!! Cariad did act as midwife to Mabs initially, but once Mabs had got the hang of it she gave Cariad her marching orders
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2013, 08:09 PM
It is white outside...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Don't you just hate this time of year when people keep calling in to see you when there is sooo much else to do/
I still haven't finished wrapping presents, because I have say all afternoon gossiping with friends
Helena I hope you enjoy your evening, all dressed up
So pleased to read that little Lacey is better, what a relief.
Lol Sally, all that sounds rather familiar, just the sort of behaviour I would expect from Pepsi!

Well now Kyla is poorly. They had to have the emergency doctor out at 2 this morning they were so worried about her.
We bought tickets for her to go on the Santa special tomorrow. A ride on a steam train with Father Christmas.
I don't think she is going to be well enough
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Crikey, they really have it sorted those girls of yours TW It's fascinating isn't it, and I have absolutely no idea how you ever manage to do mundane day to day chores when there is so much to observe (and at the moment, puppies to cuddle!).

Jimmi was okay after his illicit snacking, although his skin was very pink this afternoon and he did drink rather a lot through the course of the day. I just pray that it doesn't set a paw abscess off The trouble is, he is so darned QUICK when scavenging, and I only have to take my eyes off him for a second.......... A muzzle is out of the question, because it totally freaks him out (as discovered when a tentative newly qualified vet, who had clearly been told that terriers bite, insisted on putting one on him. I told her that he had never shown any hint of nipping or biting, no matter what had to be done, but she wouldn't listen. the end result was that he was in such a state that we had to go home with no examination), so it is down to me to be vigilant.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Don't you just hate this time of year when people keep calling in to see you when there is sooo much else to do/
I still haven't finished wrapping presents, because I have say all afternoon gossiping with friends
Helena I hope you enjoy your evening, all dressed up
So pleased to read that little Lacey is better, what a relief.
Lol Sally, all that sounds rather familiar, just the sort of behaviour I would expect from Pepsi!

Well now Kyla is poorly. They had to have the emergency doctor out at 2 this morning they were so worried about her.
We bought tickets for her to go on the Santa special tomorrow. A ride on a steam train with Father Christmas.
I don't think she is going to be well enough
Oh Nippy, poor Kyla I have everything crossed that she will pick up very soon, and if not in time for the steam trip tomorow, at least for Christmas.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Evening all,

My OH wanted to go and check on the estate lights that we put up this afternoon and agreed to take the dogs with us Both dogs pulled like trains which didn't go down well but we saw 3 foxes so there must have been amazing smells. The lights look great and when we got back OH (who hadn't been amused by the pulling on the outward bound walk) took their leads off while I was getting my boots off .... big mistake and because the boys had wet feet and legs it was 'game on' I wouldn't have minded so much if I'd had the opportunity to dry their feet first ..... our cream cushions on our settees are covered in mud now

So can I add to the dog sale here on Dogsey ..... Two soon to be 3 years old male Tibetan Terriers. One who is mentally challenged and the other very naughty. Both eat anything they can get to.

Lacey I'm so pleased that little Lacey is back where she belongs being lovingly nursed by you Eileen
Sally I think your walk with Jimmi was far more disgusting than mine The 'sick' bit was the worse Fancy sending OH out to buy wrapping paper what did you expect he probably thought you may have bought him 2 presents so 2 sheets would be enough
June That's amazing how Keshi was allowed in but not Cariad or Lona. Dog hierarchy is so fascinating You've had a very busy day but sound very organised now I hope your back is holding up ((hugs))
Lynn It sounds as though you've had a lovely day even if you are shattered now. I expect you'll sleep well tonight with Gorden back.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Couldn't believe a dog could get so weak so fast but the vet assures me they can bounce just as quickly.
I hope and pray he is right, keep us informed please.
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »