Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Just watching Mark trying to walk with a book on his head........it brought back memories of finishing school, when we had to walk up and down a long flight of stairs endlessly, with a ball gown on and three books on our heads. Not easy
I can still do it (it's my party turn) those were the days ... deportment lessons lol!

I am going to drag this hound out for a pee bluddy cheek to wake me up and the go back to sleep while I am getting some clobber on to take her out!

Forum's pretty quiet today - apart from the endless posts by AZZ (I wondered if they are conducting a survey or a new census with all those questions!)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2013, 07:00 PM
No they tend to stay where they are status-wise. They are just putting Keshi in her place because I think Keshi will eventually take over from her mother, Cariad, and is already showing signs of it, subsequently she is frequently in the norty corner for overstepping the mark.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Watch out Tang - TW is about to come crashing down the stairs past us, having caught her heel in her dress We must side step elegantly whilst keeping those books steady

TW, does that mean that eventually Cariad and Keshi will square up to each other, or will it just be a gradual process?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Step aside elegantly more like clinging onto the bannisters and each other
There are already spats between them, but Cariad is now spayed so she has lost her position, however there is no one to take over so she is still on her perch, as Cariad gets older she will relinquish her position anyway and become a nanny to any youngsters, which she has already done as she helped deliver Lona's babies and looked after them as they grew up.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 07:46 PM
So sad Birthday Girl,shouldn't be in pain on your special day
O.k,3 things
1.love,love love the plant pots,they're gorge!
2.aren't you supposed to have a starter at the beginning of the meal
3.apologise for being a zoomer,but that photo above the tv...is that a family member or just a random person?Sorry,old photo's fascinate me

Poor Keshi TW,what's the idea behind that then?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Anyone care to join me I'm having a cheeky little scotch?
Well I'm a bit concerned that the storm will keep me awake, so I thought it would help

The winds are very strong now and it has started raining.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Because Keshi is getting very much above herself and needs putting back in her box, she is only 11 months old, 1 year old November 6 and has a VERY long way to go before she can gain the respect of the others. She has the advantage of being Cariad's daughter though and certainly has the right attitude I'll be watching it all play out with interest.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Nippy I will most definitely join you in a whisky.........I will be having triple rations tomorrow night when it gets really bad I really really do not like strong winds.

TW, I was pondering on the youth of Keshi, and the fact that she is already showing signs of being interested in taking over top dogmanship. I wonder at what point the others begin to stop putting her in her place, and she starts to really assert her authority. Fascinating stuff!!

Eileen, stop giving yourself a tour of Tang's living room
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2013, 08:52 PM
She will benefit from being Cariad's daughter there's no doubt about that because Cariad could well begin to back her up, but that is a few years away yet, however I have to remember that her and Lona are 8 on the 23 November, so I'll give it a couple of years before there are any real moves from Keshi to up her status, Alpha's are born and not made. If she was born one, then she will be one, if she wasn't and is in fact a Beta Enforcer then that will materialise as things go on. I found watching her as a tiny baby in the litter truly fascinating, and I have my own suspicions on this.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:01 PM
TW I find this very interesting and I totally agree top dogs are born and not made. My Tess was a top dog and it was apparent from a young pup.
I know very little about your breed of dog however I thought that with Wolves only the alpha was allowed to breed - how does that work with yours?
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »