register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2013, 08:28 PM
yeah I'll email her tomorrow, I'm sure she's just finished filming one of the episodes, she's just done something for Exodus as well this month.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2013, 08:29 PM
I really do have peace here now but since my last post and after my OH left, he phoned to say he'd left his wallet. Being the good wife that I am I slung the dogs in the car and met him a couple of junctions along the M25 to save him coming all the way back. The dogs are walked, I've had a meal and I'm now chillaxing in front of the TV with a dog asleep either side of me.

June - Ha, ha, if I get another lodger I'll be off out of here My younger son is in tonight but chilling in his lounge after a works 'do' last night and not getting in until 4 this morning ... he's no trouble and in fact lovely to have around.
Harvey - You can't just dessert your OH. Can she not come over and join you for some of the time or you pop backwards and forwards. Why do you need to be here ..... surely you could just come over to sign on the dotted line when needed etc. Yours and the sellers solicitors should be doing all the work. Thanks for asking after my health ... unfortunately whatever horrible virus I had has left me still feeling very off-colour and evenings are worse. I've pulled my intercostal muscles (between the ribs) from coughing so much and they still really hurt when I cough .... but I am better than I was a few days ago.
Pat - I'm relieved that your last few posts cheered up a little .... you sounded sooooooo stressed initially. Have another G&T and a ciggie. Once you get on that plane you'll be able to forget about all the data etc etc. Have you found those boots yet? Although you may not need them unless its to keep your feet warm ... mind you I remember you are partial to your flip-flops which possibly won't be warm enough
Taffsmum - Your poor daughter .... such a worry not knowing what is the problem. Also sorry about your sister having her hours cut, things are still pretty tough out there and I'm hearing of friends who have either had their hours cut or just their pay
Hi Sally how's little Jimmi now after his trembling episodes or have you now just got use to them and accepted them as part of his old age setting in Our family dog when we were growing up was always fed on Pedigree Chum and Winalot and he lived a really healthy life until he passed on aged 17. Although a lot might have been due to the fact that he was a mongrel but he had no allergies whatsoever.

Like many of the stories here tonight I too had to wear some atrocious clothing when younger. At the convent (which was about 100yds) from the boys school and which we had to walk past to get to the station we had a godawful uniform. Black shoes but of course they couldn't be patent as that would reflect our knicker , in the summer white ankle socks (grey ribbed tights in the winter), maroon skirts that had to touch the floor when kneeling (but were regularly rolled over at the waist as soon as we were out of school), grey shirts, maroon blazers (or black gaberdine coats in the winter) and to top it all straw boaters in the summer (or felt pudding basin bolero hats in winter). My goodness if you broke the uniform rules at school you really got in trouble. However the day I left we all cut our skirts short, cut the sleeves off our shirts, slung our boaters in the school lake and marched out of school in high heels, make-up and sheet stockings I was reminiscing with my school friends yesterday over it. The look on the nuns faces was a picture
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Ooooh Jenny, you rebel you
Sally, will find out for you if I can.
I know what they did for Exodus but not sure about the Atlantis one, they've only done 2 episodes that were filmed in England thats all I know.
No wolves needed unfortunately, will let you know when My Boy hits the screen!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Was watching Little Women..so sad
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Whatever floats your boat Eileen
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh Jenny, the way that you are feeling that was all that you needed......having to brave the M25 to help out with that wallet. Still, it probably made the snuggling down when you got home even more wonderful!! The things we do for our men sometimes Those ribs sound dreadfully painful, are you sure that you haven't actually cracked one with all that coughing? One of these nights you will drop off to sleep, and not wake until morning.....the cough will be gone from whence it came. Whenever I get a cough, usually after a cold, it lingers on for absolutely ages but then I know exactly what causes THAT Your virus is different though.

You actually saw BOYS when at school?? Good grief. The only males we saw were the maths teacher, who was about 90 and the gardener who was not supposed to talk to us, but did! He used to tell us jokes, and would sneak choccy bars and things to us when we were too broke to buy anything from the tuck shop. Nothing pervy or anything, he was just a nice chap. The strangest coincidence occurred about thirty years later - I was chatting to an elderly chap that I had got to know quite well in the village (a very long way away from where I went to school) and he happened to ask where I was educated........when I told him, he looked stunned. He was only that self same gardener!!! What are the chances of that in a remote village in Herefordshire.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2013, 08:45 PM
It's years since I read Little Women..........Eileen, are you revisiting your childhood?!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
It's years since I read Little Women..........Eileen, are you revisiting your childhood?!!!
Read the book,never seen the movie Have panda eyes now
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Go and wash your face Eileen, then have a stiff something or other.........snivelling is not a good look Mind you, sometimes I only have to hear the theme tune for some films and I am in crying mode
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Champions for example - and Out of Africa
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »