Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Afternoon folks,

What a lovely summer day we are having - sensible temperature and a light breeze .... heaven We had a lovely walk this morning with Jill and her greys and met lots of other dogs (on leads) which was therefore not stressful for Rucksack. We stopped for a coffee in the shade and the sweetest little Tibetan Terrier stopped with its owners. Now Flash is small and this little bitch was only about half his size and the same age. Apparently it was the runt of the litter but a really sweet little thing. It had Rucksack's problem in that if any unknown dog went too close it would air snap .. she too was attacked twice in three days and is really nervous. Home now and having done loads more washing I'm about to tackle some of the ironing pile which seems to grow out of all proportion as the amount of washing I do. June if you've sneaked in and put some of your ironing on my pile I'll be sending it right back

Pat - Oh dear you lack of loos could prove a problem with more guests due That photo of your granddaughter is gorgeous ... such a sweetie.
MandyUK1 - Thinking of you today ... not easy((hugs)).
Kazzy - I hope your trip out with the kids and Honey has gone well and enjoyed by all. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend ... "Oh for the grace of god go we"
Helena - Your ball incident made me smile .. sorry Anyway 'who runs the show' ..... Zena me thinks Sorry about her claw and ear and everything crossed tomorrow for her ..... you'll be a nervous wreck won't you ((hugs)).
Nippy - OMG you poor thing. I hope you get well very very quickly 'cos haven't you got your friends coming tomorrow for a week?
Malka - I hope the air will help your wound heal.
Harvey - Good luck with your property hunting and your 'drive-pasts' .... you'll probably get reported as being a suspicious vehicle slowing down to look at properties.
June - No more ironing thanks Sorry about your sunroof, I must have missed that post. Hopefully you'll managed to get it closed before we get any rain. I hope you girl's pad heals OK.
Eileen - Hi
Taffsmum - Just think though, all this hard work you are doing will will have a wonderful result.
Bev - Sorry about your washing machine dying A friend of mine found a washing machine in Exchange & Mart really cheaply. Lots of people get rid of working ones when they have new kitchens and want all new appliances. Hopefully if you live close to Moyra you'll be able to take he up on her offer.
Moyra - What a kind gesture to Bev Has your 'freedom' started yet with your son away?

I hope I haven't missed anyone - unintentional if I have. Must go and tackle the ironing now .... I could be some time.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Tcht I have gone from no teef to no teets Eileeeeen!
I managed to get to the dentist without vomiting so I actually have a fine set of gnashers now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Thank you Lynne.
Afternoon jenny sounds like your day has been nice so far shame the chores and ironing have to spoil it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Jenny. Neeeeeiiiigggghhhhh.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Jenny. Neeeeeiiiigggghhhhh.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Nippy!

You SCARED ME!

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 03:04 PM
They are somewhat scary, all gleaming and white, dazzling in fact
Back home with pet mince. Bus driver was great, stopping to pick people up who were between stops that he knew lived in the village, and we had a laugh about my car with the tarp over it
Am now going to google the problem and try and get my head round it, put my brain into gear. It all centres around my finding this winder mechanism
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 03:23 PM
jenny.g No my freedom doesn't start until round about 9 am Saturday morning. Then I am hopeing to do right through the flat on Saturday and have the freedom completely from then on. If you could see my lounge right now it is like a fishing tackle shop not a spare inch of room left. Thankfully I am cocooned in my own room with my set up in here so I am fairly laid back about his mess it will soon be gone.

I have had two sad phone calls today. Steve's great aunt died last night in Birmingham, her husband only died last year so his cousin is now left on her own and has asked him to travel up there in September to attend the disposal of the ashes for both of them. She then wants him to tile her bathroom and kitchen while he is there and advise her on other work that needs doing. I put the phone down from her and then my little sister phoned to say the family were gathering round my B.i.L's bedside as they do not think he will rally this time. I said I would prefer to remember him as he was not to see him with all the oxygen mask and other parafinailia (sp) which is keeping him alive at the moment. So looks like Steve may lose another uncle very shortly too. I don't know whether my nephew will fly home from Canada where he now lives with his new girlfriend or whether he will leave it until he has to come back for the funeral. It never rains but it pours.

I doubt Bev has seen my offer yet but obviously with Steve out of the way after Saturday it will not be a problem for her to fetch all her washing and at least get that out of the way for her to give her space to think about what she wants to do.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your very sad news Moyra, they say it comes in 3's as well.....
Well have been outside and in the car, phoned my friend as I was sat in the car, she has googled the problem as well, it all centres on finding this little thing where the winder mechanism is, well I have looked everywhere on the roof and on the front centre console where the switch is and there is nothing at all.
So that is that really. Will give my friend who rang me last night a call and see when her OH is due home and maybe he can help a bit more with him being a mechanic, or with him having been local here for so many years he may know of someone who can come and sort it out for me.
Moved car back in front of my house and tarp is back over it because rain is forecast for tonight and tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Sorry to hear your sad news Moyra.

Oh dear June seems like what was a good idea has turned out to be yet another problem for you.
As if you need anymore problems.
Page 7 of 19 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »