View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Nightie night Malka, hope that you get a good sleep with no disturbance!

It seems from reading all available stuff, that this levy comes into force on Tuesday, BUT they have a bank holiday on Monday and the ATMs are already out of cash. Makes one a little nervous of savings back here
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah, if you've got a bit put away you wouldn't be able to get it out quickly.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 10:29 PM
I am beginning to think that under the mattress is the best option
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh good grief That's just terrible. Once again it's the savers who are having to bear the brunt of all this, and it just isn't fair

Surely everyone will empty their bank accounts
Just popped back, bed beckons but you are right, it's the savers who are being hit and 10% is a huge amount bearing in mind that people will already have paid tax on that money before it went into a savings account and they are paying tax on the miserable low interest rates.

Apparently the Italians did something similar in 1992 but it was only 0.06% or something similar but 10% is mind bogling, no wonder someone tried to drive a bulldozer into his bank.

Also our forces personal will be liable if they have a bank account in Cyprus, so we have a man or woman in Afganistan fighting who is based in Cyprus and his bank account is being plundered to save the Euro.

Pat will be hit too I suspect 'tho I would hope she has most of her money in UK.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I am beginning to think that under the mattress is the best option
You know what Sally that exact same thought went through my mind a few days ago In 2003 we were supporters of the Euro but I have to admit that it's a good thing the UK stayed out, I just hope that no government in UK ever thinks about knocking 10% of our savings, not that we have all that much but we will need every penny when we are a bit older I'm sure.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2013, 11:22 PM
June, I'm sorry that the latest people for Ash are not following up, please try not to get to despondant, there's bound to be someone somewhere who wants him, I shall keep the little boy in my htoughts over the next few days.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No she hasn't rung back, she said 5pm, so it's well past that, take it as a NO then, again
I never even got to the raw feeding she sounded so nice as well.
That is such a shame. But their loss.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 09:06 AM
I was saying to my youngest son only last week to take a small amount out of the bank every week and put it in a box somewhere!!!! Then it is money no one knows about and it is there in case you need it for some reason. Soon adds up.
Was hoping for an early phone call this morning as maybe something had cropped up and they weren't able to ring but nothing like everyone says it is their loss, but still a great shame that this gorgeous little lad is being left on the shelf.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7