View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Some of the pics that I did last year........today's efforts were not like this! I was quite proud of these - you will have to ignore the camera flash, although perhaps it adds a little something

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 08:28 PM
You're really good Sally, why are you saying different, hiding that light under a bushel methinks
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Evening all

Sorry not been on. I really hope everyone is safe doon the road. It's not a bit snowy here.

Weekend was good, yesterday I forgot my railcard so took the car to work. Although it was convenient, I really didn't enjoy the run, far prefer the train now. Got the train today though, so felt more relaxed when I got to work.

Tonight so far has been nice, got home feeling frozen, Davie fell asleep on my knee, he hasn't done it since he was little so I made the most of it, Brian got dinner organised. Davie only slept for a wee bit but oh boy. I missed it, and it's not something that is likely to happen again cause cuddles with mum are becoming uncool.

Well, time for dishes, then study for a while. Stay safe in all that snow.
I know what you mean about trains v cars......give me a train any time. How lovely about Davie, even more special because he so rarely does cuddles now.

Don't work too hard!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Hi Taffsmum Hope I didn't miss you earlier, but apologies if I have, but you know what I'm like doing this thread, not as efficient as Lynn. Talking of Lynn I wonder where she is tonight then?

No You didn't miss me earlier Ive just had a boring day of doing nothing apart from the usual so wasn't worth posting that Sat doing some transcribing now - about 2000 marriages for Liverpool in the early 1800's

Those are brilliant Sally. I wish I could paint. I love landscape ones
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Those paintings are brilliant, Sally. It must be lovely to have a talent like that
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:41 PM
I DO have some people in the Liverpool area at that time Taffsmum, just give me a moment and I will give you the details You are good, without people like you where would us researchers be

Thank you everyone for your encouragement - I needed that I think because I was so despondent about my efforts today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Your paintings are lovely Sally - my favourite is the first one although they are all so much better than I could ever dream of doing.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I DO have some people in the Liverpool area at that time Taffsmum, just give me a moment and I will give you the details You are good, without people like you where would us researchers be

I'm doing St Peters at the moment Sally 1829-1831 if its any use to you. Ive got quite a few other churches here as well though so just let me know.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Thank you Malka, but I don't actually have any talent (as I proved today) - I was painting almost every day at one stage and I think that if anyone does that, then they will produce paintings that they like. I shall just have to try to do that again.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
I'm doing St Peters at the moment Sally 1829-1831 if its any use to you. Ive got quite a few other churches here as well though so just let me know.
I wouldn't dream of asking you, but you are so kind to offer. If everyone asked you to keep an eye open for this person and that family you would be up all night!!!
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »