Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Go for the sort of dog I can take walking. Like a day hike walking so vaguely athletic/ hard wearing!

No dribble/ hairdressing/ Giants/ Heavy coats/ Droopy eyes/ Hevyweights.

Could have a poodle though. Once over with the clippers and job done. Sure I could manage that - so that's the exception to the hairdressing rule.Probably no gun dogs. Like em but wouldn't own one.
I guess you wouldn't be showing yours in the Lion trim then?

It is funny as I like grooming and as I was trimming Parker for a show tomorrow I said to Jamie tonight that I would like to have a Standard Poodle one day as that would really be a challenge!

I saw a Kerry Blue once that had been given the once over with clippers and it looked awful in my opinion. Poor thing had hardly any hair left!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I guess you wouldn't be showing yours in the Lion trim then?
http://squirrelbasket.files.wordpres...ever.jpg?w=500

Minus the duck
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Blimey, a fussy lot aren't we

Considering a year ago I would have said I wouldn't have ANY dog lol, I guess I can be allowed a few no no's

I don't like the look of EBT's even though I've known one or two nice ones, the face just makes me withdraw. No wiry terrier coats, I like fur that's soft and strokable. Most def not a drooler!! Yech Nothing more high energy than my GSD, so no northern breeds, although I do think they are stunning!

I do love toy breeds, and I have told hubby that if we have another dog in a years time then it WILL be little, easy for me to walk at the same time as Ranger if need be No idea what though as I wouldn't want one with too high maintenance a coat.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Any breed at the right time will be fine with me ...
Its all about timing and your situation in life at the time ..
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2012, 10:22 PM
For me i would not like to own any small breed dogs. I have nothing against small dogs and i know alot of people with small dogs but for me i prefer med and large breed dogs.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Go for the sort of dog I can take walking. Like a day hike walking so vaguely athletic/ hard wearing!

No dribble/ hairdressing/ Giants/ Heavy coats/ Droopy eyes/ Hevyweights.

Could have a poodle though. Once over with the clippers and job done. Sure I could manage that - so that's the exception to the hairdressing rule.

Probably no gun dogs. Like em but wouldn't own a whole one.

Sucker for the ubiquitous farm dog/terrier cross.

Liked every wolfhound I've ever met. Wouldn't ever consider owning one though.
see, I quite fancy a standard poodle too...with you on the clippers. Ditto Beardies and OES, would have to clip!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't have a high energy dog or a dog with a silky or wire coat. Reason for all those is that I'm far too lazy! And aesthetically I'm not too keen on long ears, whether upright or pendant, or visible haw. I wouldn't have any dog with a beard either, although I like the look of Schnauzers and Spinones etc.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I also wouldn't want a really hairy dog, and I don't like slobber. I also (and this may get me told off) couldn't have a German Shapherd, I was saying to someone yesterday how other Shepherd breeds are amazing, and I'd love to own a Malinois. But me and German Shepherds just don't blend well together, and then I had to deal with a gobby one..

Thats another thing, barkers. They drive me insane, if there's something to bark at fine. But you don't need to talk 24/7, coz, well thats my job .

There's one collie I could own, and she's evelen , any others, their for someone else.

Any over exagrated, over bred breed, again not for me, DDB are lovely, but I wouldn't own one. Bassets have character, not for me. And a Bulldog. No way, but lovely dogs.

I also wouldn't want a small dog. But then after meeting a few, I wouldnt mind my next dog being a Whippet cross Italian Greyhound. But when I'm next in a position to add another dog, it will be my boy if he's still there...But then I don't think I could add another dog for a long time, so thats only dreaming .
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 11:43 AM
...no beards,no traditionally docked dog(with tail maybe)no squashed faces,no exceptionally long backs or REALLY long coats,no droolers, no really smalls,love standard poodles but hate the feel of their coats..... my list goes on...eeek!! lol
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
...no beards,no traditionally docked dog(with tail maybe)no squashed faces,no exceptionally long backs or REALLY long coats,no droolers, no really smalls,love standard poodles but hate the feel of their coats..... my list goes on...eeek!! lol
Similar list to mine, then... Oh and add, no curly tails.
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >