View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Run free at the bridge beautiful Bessie.
(((hugs))) Zoe and graham this has been so devastating for you both but please don't blame yourselves. xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 07:50 AM
You didn't fail Bessie, please don't feel that way

RIP beautiful girl xxx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Have just read your post and it was so sad.I recognized your name as one of the kind Dogsey members (Im new to Dogsey)who sent me a comforting message the other day after my dog Lulu died suddenly on Friday morning.My thoughts and prayers are with you both.I too feel like I failed Lulu ,but I can see from what youve written that something happened to Bessie which you are really blaming yourself for.I dont want to ask what it was but if it helps you in any way please tell me -I would love someone to post the poem which was sent to you-cant remember which member sent it-could anyone do that for me?Hope my Lulu has met your Bessie and that they are both watching down on us .Take care and support each other.Big hugs,from Maureen
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Hello Maureen. What a lovely post. I have posted a proper reply on Lulu's thread here with that poem.
Bessie was killed by one of my other dogs and we are totally heartbroken. We don't know what caused it but we think that she had some kind of fit which brought out the natural instinct in one of my lurchers to kill her. I don't blame him at all though. I just wish we hadn't put either of them in that position.
Thankyou for your kind words hun even in your grief.
I will support you anytime you need it as I know just how you're feeling right now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks so much Zoe,I do remember reading your post about Bessie and thinking how devastating it must have been for you both,but it was something that you never could have predicted or expected-we all leave our animals together,we have 3 cats besides Lulu and Buster.Both dogs have grown up with 2 of the cats for 14 years and Buster is so placid,the cats love him,hes their dad and 1 of them follows him round all day,whereas Lulu wasnt the motherly dog type.at all.Then 1 day Id given both dogs a chew after a walk, as we always did,1 of the cats went near him and he bared his teeth.I was so shocked and shooed the cat away.Since then Ive always been more careful but Im not sure if anything could have happened if Id given him the chew and gone out.Ive just washed the coverr from 1 of the cushions Lulu used to put her head on and it set me off again.Im there for you ANYTIME you want to share a memory or any of the many feelings that we are probably both having at this time.Am going to try and post some photos of Lulu with the rest of the gang.Ive changed the screensaver to a picture of Buster and Lulu in the snow-she loved it. It was probably the last walk she really enjoyed.Take care.Big Hugs to you both,Maureen
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Thankyou...you are so very kind. My thoughts are with you too and big hugs to you.
I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your beautiful girl. xxxxx
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Zoe so sorry to hear your sad news don't blame yourself it was just one of those things that happen and you are so right not to blame your other dog too ...You were so kind with your answers to my problem with Lexi she is coming along well now and is so much better...thinking of you
Sue
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Thankyou so much Sue
I'm so glad Lexi's doing better...that's made my day!
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:14 PM
So sorry, thinking of you xxxx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Thankyou xxxxxxxx
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >