Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 03:58 PM
have funnn

bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 07:33 PM
my hubby of almost 10 yrs and been together for 14 yrs. hes 13 yrs my junior, nothing wrong with age difference.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I'm 25 and go out with someone who is 18 - oh wait, no he's actually 24 but doesn't want to grow up past the age of 18!! I think most men are like that though!

If you like him then go for it!!
LOL! Very true, very true!

Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
You are only questioning his age because this is what society has taught you to do.

Age is irrelevant

Maturity and age are not the same thing

Have a good date!
Also very true, thanks hun. x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Age is only a number

Good Luck x
Thanks hun x

[quote=Emrad;1832603]Oh been there, good for making you feel young but doesnt mean they are any more mature or treat you any better

Well said

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Go with what you feel

When I was 46.........I went out with a 22 year old No other comment [/
QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhh you are a cougar (the new name for 'Mrs Robinson's)

Seriously age is a never mind thing yes it can count but more importantly it is how you to get on, how your life flows with him in it, it may be one date it maybe a week, a month, a year, a life time, just go with how you feel.
Age doesn't equal maturity so you never can tell
As for waiting period, when you are ready, as long as you give it sometime and not just jump into the next relationship to stop the hurt of the last ex it is fine, so don't think there is a right or wrong waiting period, just an individual decision and those who judge it as wrong it is only because they choose differently and need to stop judging others choices.
Thanks hun, we get on very well, as for the waiting period, I feel fine about it I only feel bad for my ex as I know if he found out it would tear him apart and it never finished on a bad note, I don't want to hurt anyone, you know? But at the same time I need to move on.

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
And when you're 50 and he's 43, would it seem such a big gap? I don't think so

Paul's actually 5 years younger than me... its no biggie.. so neither would 7 years be.

Forgot the numbers hon, just go out, have fun, see what develops.
Thank you hun, I know I just needed reassuring I guess as it's new for me but I feel fine about it now.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
My second husband was 13 years older than me. Baz is five years younger than me.

I know what I prefer.....

Hahaha well you do have a point...

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I agree, it can work really well. I introduced my best friend to her husband..who is 7 years younger than her...they are still together 15 years on My dad was 20 years older than my mum. I don't think age makes that much of a difference in fairness.

Having said that...would I at 25 have dated an 18 year old. No. Rightly or wrongly I still see an 18 year old as very young...just coming out of childhood...so I just couldn't. It is probably because I am a teacher, but I just couldn't do it, I would have felt he was too young...and just too close to 'childhood'...give him another couple of years...

I know that is hypocritical after saying it can and does work, I do know that...and I know age is just a number etc...but I just wouldn't have done it. I think it is the teacher thing...
{steps back to get a slating}

In fairness though Kel...I would also say just enjoy, in terms of when to get into a new relationship, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules....everyone is different, it's like when we lose a dog...some people go and get a new companion instantly, some can't face it and wait. There isn't a right answer.

HUgs hun...relax and enjoy.
No I know what you are saying as I never thought it was for me either, I have always preferred my men older and it did take a while to get used to the idea, especially as everyone in the ruddy church act like he's a baby (that's where I know him from), but then when I look, they are not so dissimilar to me really.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
LOL that could be taken a number of ways , but if it feels good enjoy it
It does feel good and I did enjoy it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
and enjoy I did.....Does the ego process some good xxxx
Indeed it does.

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Go for it - absolutely its about the person not the age if you get on and have fun then why not. If he treats you well and makes you laugh and of course the ALL important factor....likes doggies then hey go have some fun Hun. As for you just spliting up with your ex thats it he's an ex now....don't let that spoil what could be a great future if its right for you then its the right time!!
Thank you hun, that's so reassuring, especially about the ex part, very true, he IS an ex, I need to stop worrying.

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
You go for it girl. But it won`t last. After all, when he`s 40 you`ll be 46!

It`s not the years, it`s the mileage.
LOL! Thank you hun x

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
It's not a huge gap so providing they weren't really childish then why not.

When I was 17 I had a thing going with a 32 year old. It was good fun but to think she's now 53 is a bit odd.
Thanks Phil, always nice to hear the men's side. Cor blimey and I though this was a big thing, nothing to worry about really!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Kel - I won't read all the replies I'm sure they are excellant but just look at the percentages:-

Now he's 28% younger than you
When you're 35 he'll be 20% younger than you
When you're 55 he'll be 12% younger than you

And if you live to be 105 (Which is not impossible these days) then he'll be almost the same age as you (6% diff)

Isn't mathmatics wonderful
Hahaha I LOVE IT! That's brilliant!

Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Yep go for it. Life's too short to worry about these things. You have known him for a year so take a gamble!

Good luck xx
Thank you, I have I have. lol. x

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Lol at H there with his maths!!!!

My Dave was 20 when I married him when I was 30, and we've been together 26 or more years now (can't quite remember Lol!) so that's 10 years difference, and even back then it was no big deal, and I like 'em young!!!! Just think Kel, when you get to my ripe old age, you've got yourself a ready made toy boy It doesn't matter nowadays, who cares, as long as you get on well, you're on the same page, he makes you laugh and takes good care of you and gives you butterflies (that's very important!!!!) then go ahead and enjoy!!! If not, hand him over!!!!!
That's brill H and you and Dave (from what I have read here anyway!) seem to be so compatible and get on so well, that's very reassuring and he does fit the criteria.

Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I wouldn't date someone that much younger than me, but if I was 18 I would think about dating a 25 year old man.

I'm 30 and my partner is 39. I've always gone for older men
See that's the thing, so did I, I wasn't used to it the other way around!

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Just been having a read through this, Kel, and I personally think it depends on what you want from the relationship in question.

For example, in the long run would you be wanting something long term with him? Or just a bit of fun? Or don't you know yet? Seriously though, it depends entirely on what you want from the relationship, I think. At 18, even though you say he's mature for his age, I'm inclined to think he's only after one thing! But then, I don't know him so I don't know for sure. I guess I'm just thinking about your average 18 year old boy!

I'm 24 as well and I'm going through a similar dilemma at the moment, only the guy is 6 years older than me. He'll be 30 soon. (Ssshhhh...don't tell anybody. ). Not that that is old or anything of course it's not! It's just the whole scenario of what he might want out of the relationship as he's approaching his 30s and I'm 24! I think you can see where I'm coming from with this.

However, you're asking the question of if I was nearly 25 would I date an 18 year old....the answer is no, I personally wouldn't, but that's just me.

Anyway, I guess all you can do is go with what you feel is right. Good luck with whatever you decide. I have no doubt some age gap relationships do work and work well, as has been said on this thread already. Whatever you decide....have fun!
Well my ex was a lot older than me and I was fine with it that way around, I know what you mean and I was probably of the same mindset of you before I met this new guy, but these things do happen.

And he is certainly NOT after sex, i'm 100% sure on that.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I can beat that one Steph, when I was 37, I had a bit of a "thing" going with a 19 year old!!!! Only coz he had a fast motorbike though and took me out on the back, but thankfully, I remembered I had Dave at home!!!!!
What are you like woman???? I don't even know why I was ever worried now!

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I agree with some of what you say, but not necessarily the bit in bold. If I'm honest, in my relationship with my toyboy - it was the otherway round He wanted a steady relationship - I just wanted his body
LOL Fiona! Well i'm not THAT bad but....yer....if anything it would be on MY part, not his, he's all innocent and stuff lol.

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
lol - nothing wrong with just wanting his body

In my experiences I've found it to be the older men who just want one thing!
Only 6 days till my date with my toyboy lol
Yes that sounds familiar, hmmm, how many days now?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:22 PM

No probs, Hali. I was just generalising over the average 18 year old guy, really, not them all!
I know, but he is NOT the average 18 year old guy, really!

Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
My bf is 15 (I'm 19), but he's much more mature than me and in his second year at uni I don't think age matters at all tbh, though if you'd asked me before I knew him I would have disagreed. Obviously the age gap is more important the younger you are, but his mum's fine with us so it's all good I'd say you've got nothing to worry about!
Thanks hun, oh his mum is another story lol!

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
its the one and only time in my life I have been so shallow when it comes to relationships

I'm so much happier with Andy (mind you he's 4 years younger than me but whereas I always noticed the age difference with the other one, I never do with Andy)
See I have never noticed the age gap really, very occasionally but then that could be things that could well be attributed to any man's, er, 'manly immaturity' iykwim. But only when I remember he's 18 I think, 'oh wow'. LOL

Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
To quote yourself Kel...
Haha I know.........and I have

Originally Posted by Katie23 View Post
go for it

i personally wouldnt/dont date guys younger than me as i prefer older guys

but theres nothing wrong with dating him -
Thank you hun x

There isn't.

How do you feel now, Kel?
Much better thanks hun

Ot was already well on the way anyway, I suppose as it was a new thing for me and not what i'm used to I needed a bit of outside reassurance.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Ohhh, good luck honey!!!
Let us know how it goes!!!!
Went very well Hev, thank shun, we are going to make a proper go of things, we have gotten quite close over the last few weeks anyway but now it's 'official'.

Good luck with yours hun! Is it friday?

Originally Posted by Katie23 View Post
have funnn

Thank youuu, I did.

Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
my hubby of almost 10 yrs and been together for 14 yrs. hes 13 yrs my junior, nothing wrong with age difference.
Thanks hun, that's lovely to hear, 7 years is nothing then!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Went very well Hev, thank shun, we are going to make a proper go of things, we have gotten quite close over the last few weeks anyway but now it's 'official'.

Good luck with yours hun! Is it friday?
Thats really great! I'm happy for you

Yep, Friday for me, not that i'm counting down or anything!
Spent an hour on the phone for the past 2 nights!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
so happy for you I am glad things are working out

Thats really great! I'm happy for you

Yep, Friday for me, not that i'm counting down or anything!
Spent an hour on the phone for the past 2 nights!!
want updates on Saturday sounds like a date is needed the phone needs a rest
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=random;1835788]Went very well Hev, thank shun, we are going to make a proper go of things, we have gotten quite close over the last few weeks anyway but now it's 'official'.

QUOTE]

Aww, glad you've reached a decision and I hope it all goes well

I guess what we really should've said is...who cares about his age, what do the dogs think of him and vice versa?'
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >