Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2013, 11:46 PM
As for non vaccinating. I still don't.

As for 'over excersising' I never have. That would be pushing a dog over it's ability, of course it will cause damage. However I will dissagree to the day I die that giving a young dog an hours walk is a bad thing (unless he clearly is showing signs of tiredness). I have also experience of dogs NOT being walked in their first year to prevent hip problems, and they still turned out dysplastic.
As a scientist, you use anecdotal evidence. Oh dear.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Wow! Madness! Even if there were any evidence to suggest that allowing a bitch to have a litter has a calming effect on her, the end does not justify the means! In this massively over dog populated world it is a ridiculous thing to be suggesting! S if any of her litter also turn out to be of an anxious nature do you recommend breeding from them too to solve the issue?!

How about just accepting that that dog has issues, neutering it or using some other method to ensure it doesn't produce a litter and making the best life you can for her!

Someone who recommends this really doesn't deserve to be working as a behaviourist! It's unethical!
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7