View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Meghan-Rose , a Rottie cross Staff...she was a wild child in the begging and there were many who called for her to be put to sleep, she proved them all wrong. She became the wisest and kindest dog you could want, she was fun and fearless.and obediant. For 13 years Meg was my best friend, work mate and body gaurd, she could tell if you were a good persone just by looking at you and she was always right .
With her help i cared for many cats dogs puppies and kittens not to mention ferrits the old duck or two several seagulls and a few hedghogs.
She was always right there beside me in good or bad times and could read my mind. She would make me laugh and give me shuch a look if i was grumpy.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I couldn't pick one-they are all special for different reasons (even Cherry!).

I always tell Cherry she is my favourite girly dog (she's the only bitch I have had! and probably never again lol!)
Yatima
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Fenrir is the best Dog I ever had!
He is the 1st dog I realy own just for myself! Its realy different from just "haveing" a dog whit someone other.

I realy love him!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I have loved each and every one of the dogs I have shared my home with. But purely for being the dog that has taught me so much, brought me so much pleasure and gone from being hell hound to the sedate middle aged grey muzzled lady, it has to be my beautiful Brindle Windly (aka Kerrie)

She's a babe, and as I dont have a clue as to how old she is, breaks my heart to see her getting old, starting to look like a floppy old shoe. Every day I get to spend with her is precious
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:07 PM
While Bella the little beggar (Min Pin) can't see what I am typing - I have to say my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Would never get another one tho - she really was special. Now of course I love Bella and she is the 'right' dog for my current situation and circumstances. Smaller and much more 'independent'.

I found this forum when Charlie Girl (the CKCS) developed heart probs at quite a late stage in her life for the breed. The forum brought me a good deal of comfort at the time.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:16 PM
The best dog I have ever owned are the one(s) I own a the time!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:18 PM
LOL.

Your GSD is pretty special tho. Just from the pics, he is breathtakingly stunning.
jessiemummy
New Member!
Female 

28-03-2011, 04:00 PM
our best dog has got to be our current dog messie jessie (sbt) we have had her since december 2010.
we brought her for my son who 6, he has adhd and aspergers syndrome and since gettin jessie he has calmed down and formed an amazing bond with her and even tho she is only 10months old she is really on a level with him a far as his feelings are concerned as when he happy shes hyper but when he finds life a bit hard all she does is snuggle up to him x
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Marius, without hesitation it is him.

My gorgeous Smiley-Weiler

He came into my life when I was at my lowest ebb and changed it for the better. I had lost my Mum & Ozzy within hours of each other on the same day, 31.01.07. Ozzy bit Sid that day, we will never know why, perhaps he picked up on my grief, or maybe it was an underlying problem he had that surfaced who knows. It was an unprovoked & deliberate bite & we had no option but to have him PTS.

It was the hardest day of my life and I couldn't cope. I spiralled into a depression which I couldn't shake myself out of. Sid was working away a lot & spent many hours crying each day. It was a very dark place.

Because my head wasn't right, I couldn't face having another dog & I was adamant if we ever did get one, it wasn't going to be another Rottie, because of what had happened. I had lost my faith in the breed, which I never would have thought could happen (Ozzy was our second Rottie, Brandy our first lived to 10.5yrs & was an amazing character!). Sid however, he felt the opposite - he was determined to get another Rottie to prove to both of us that it wasn't the fault of the breed, just the action of an indivdual dog. More importantly, he knew I needed some sort of distraction to jolt me out of this black hole I had ended up in.

Eventually, he talked me around & we contacted a breeder we knew who didn't have any current litters, but recommended someone who had used his stud dog & had a current litter. We travelled all the way to Lancaster for him. It was the best journey we could ever have made.

Marius makes me beam with pride, he has the softest nature you could wish for. He adores people & dogs - getting down on the floor to small dogs & puppies and allowing them to get confident with him. He is very well known locally, even the neighbours kids tell their friends not be scared as "it's only Marius"! LOL He has helped to change so many peoples opinions on Rotties and I am so glad I didn't turn my back on the breed. Sid was right.

He has a huge personality, yes he has his faults he hates traffic, has an obsession with pulling off branches/stems from my garden & has done since he was a puppy! He gets too overexcited when he sees his best buddies Max & Marley. But, these little quirks are all part of what makes him so special.

I always feel a part of Ozzy lies within him, like a second chance was sent. I wrote a poem a long time ago about it that some of you won't have read. I think it says it all.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...t=tribute+ozzy

I'll have to stop typing this now as I'm getting a bit choked up, which is what always happens when I think about that day
I'm choked up too now, but how lovely that you and Marius found each other - it was obviously meant to be. xx
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Tara Banana, our Irish Wolfhound the most wonderful dog in the world and although she was only with us for 11 months she filled those months with so much joy.
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >