View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Aww...honey. I don't know what to say except we're all thinking of you and Loki and hope she settles soon. xxx My heart is breaking for you. xxxxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Only just caught this thread.

So sorry to read about Loki, do hope the fits are now under control. Hugs to you all

Sue
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Poor Loki, hope all is well soon.

((Big Hugs))

Heidi
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 08:59 PM
I've only just seen this thread
I'm so sorry that you and Loki are going through such a terrible time. Its been such a long time since her last lot of fitting too.
My thoughts are with you both. Get better soon Loki
Take care Rose.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Rose, I don't come on here much now but I do want to give both you and Loki hugs from us all here. No one deserves to go through this, especially the dogs. It breaks my heart to think what both you and your little girl are going through ( As well as Linda and Loki)

There's no punishment fitting enough for anyone breeding dogs with this sort of condition Maybe one day the health of their dogs will come before lining their own pockets, but somehow, I doubt that very much
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Haven't been on much today Hun, but saw that you didn't have a good night with Loki.

Just wanted to say that I have been thinking of you and her during the day ((((hugs)))) hun and gentle cuddles to Loki xxxx
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm so sorry, i've only just seen this thread. Just hoping that something changes for you both quickly. I really hope the meds work and things calm down for both of you, as i am sure you must be exhausted with it all.

sending you hugs ((((((((((x)))))))))))
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Thinking of you and Loki tonight and just praying that the fits are easing now for her. Lots of *hugs* to you both and I really hope you have a peaceful night.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Many thanks to each one of you for all your lovely messages, I do so appreciate each one. I had to get Loki into hospital on Monday evening - quite late it was - as she had taken, in total, 34 fits, which is way too much for her to take. It wasn't doing me any good either to see her in the throes of the fits. It is soul destroying. Wish I could destroy breeders who breed from epileptic dogs. The RSPCA should outlaw these dreadful breeders.

Anyway, the main thing is that Loki is in the PDSA under the Vets Now vets, who are my vet's emergency service. My friend came and had to carry her down the two flights of stairs and up another flight to the pavement into his car. She didn't take any fits on the way there. She was very good and the vet came out to the car and lifted her in. Loki is heavy!! He took her temperature which was normal and looked at her eyes and said they looked fine as well. He apologised to me for mentioning Euthonasia - I nearly had a fit myself when he said that on th e phone and I burst out crying!! He wa really so sorry and said it was standard practice that he had to mention it - something to do with the dogs welfare.

Anyway, she was going to get something fitted in her paw which would be attached to meds should she take more fits!! He wa very nice and Loki liked him!!

I got a kiss from Loki. It seems so strange not having her here but she is in the best place.

Again, each one of you - many, many thanks and I will put an update about Loki when I get her back.

Take care and hugs to each of you for your kindnesses to me.

xxxx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Many thanks to each one of you for all your lovely messages, I do so appreciate each one. I had to get Loki into hospital on Monday evening - quite late it was - as she had taken, in total, 34 fits, which is way too much for her to take. It wasn't doing me any good either to see her in the throes of the fits. It is soul destroying. Wish I could destroy breeders who breed from epileptic dogs. The RSPCA should outlaw these dreadful breeders.

Anyway, the main thing is that Loki is in the PDSA under the Vets Now vets, who are my vet's emergency service. My friend came and had to carry her down the two flights of stairs and up another flight to the pavement into his car. She didn't take any fits on the way there. She was very good and the vet came out to the car and lifted her in. Loki is heavy!! He took her temperature which was normal and looked at her eyes and said they looked fine as well. He apologised to me for mentioning Euthonasia - I nearly had a fit myself when he said that on th e phone and I burst out crying!! He wa really so sorry and said it was standard practice that he had to mention it - something to do with the dogs welfare.

Anyway, she was going to get something fitted in her paw which would be attached to meds should she take more fits!! He wa very nice and Loki liked him!!

I got a kiss from Loki. It seems so strange not having her here but she is in the best place.

Again, each one of you - many, many thanks and I will put an update about Loki when I get her back.

Take care and hugs to each of you for your kindnesses to me.

xxxx
Thanks for the update - It's so tough when circumstances take them away from you. I remember being glued to the phone not to mention the keyboard when Breagh was away with her bloat op. It's so difficult and I understand the emotional side of it.

Big hugs to you and guess what...........'your' Breagh is still here giving Loki a special big.....

Page 7 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »