Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Just a quick question........
you said you mated his mom, with your stud but your step daughter actually owns mom.
So you own the stud? in which case both of you are responsible for the little 1, have you made the decision jointly for his future?
Or is your step daughter able to home him , if it came to it.
I hope some thing can be done for him to live a happy life, like you have already said, i wouldn't put the same dogs together again, you never know if it could happen again.

That is a bit unfair, i'm not a breeder but would hope i can understand.
she is unable to take him,she is in a flat,and i wouldnt let her i know shes her bitch but no,hes my responsiblitlity,no hers,and as i stepped in and bottle fed him i ensured his survival,and we just took a picture of him and he blinked at the flash so the test patch suggested will work out in his favour maybe.im sorry bout the breeder bit,i meant as i deliverd him bottle fed him and was there from day one i would have more of a understanding than most in really sorry to upset you or anyone else with this statement xxzb
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Fair enough, but it didn't read that way.
So you feel responable for him because you delivered him.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Properly worded contracts, signed by both parties [ and witnesses if possible ], absolutely are enforceable be they breeder or rescue contracts. I personally know of one recently [ so you know its not heresay ], where a rescue was lied to and a dog was passed on to a third party - they got her back

A different case, a rescue cat - he had been homed, passed to a third party, word got back about it, I did the retrieval and he has been with me ever since

A parrot made the news when successfully reclaimed by a rescue purely on the solidness of the adoption contract.

I used contracts when I was homing cats for a rescue oop North, all legally biding and cast iron.

So its wrong to give the impression that a contract is worthless - the right wording etc and anyone breaching it would have to be pretty stoopid if the person who presented the contract is willing to make sure its enforced

IIts also not a good idea really to give people the impression that if they sign a contract it does`nt mean anything, people could find themselves in hot water if they believe it then breach it...
I am not trying to give that impression, ofcause some contracts are water tight, but they have to be done correctly, I am a great believer in doing all you can to protect your dogs, and I admire anyone who insists on them when selling pups, but the fact remains, if you are not seeing your puppies every wk/mth/day, you can not check up on them and see if they are still in the same hands.

and unlike rescues (some) who will be a charity, a lot of people will not have the funds to follow through to fight itin the courts.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Fair enough, but it didn't read that way.
So you feel responable for him because you delivered him.
yes and bottle fed him when he was ill and the vet thought he wouldnt do,and gave his medication,and sat up all night with him,and weaned him to be healthy now,(well as he can be)so yep i feel responsible for him.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
she is unable to take him,she is in a flat,and i wouldnt let her i know shes her bitch but no,hes my responsiblitlity,no hers,and as i stepped in and bottle fed him i ensured his survival,and we just took a picture of him and he blinked at the flash so the test patch suggested will work out in his favour maybe.im sorry bout the breeder bit,i meant as i deliverd him bottle fed him and was there from day one i would have more of a understanding than most in really sorry to upset you or anyone else with this statement xxzb
Oooh, that sounds very hopeful
Fingers crossed for good test results as even just a tiny amount of vision will make a huge difference, not least for how less worried you would be about managing for him - and I`ll lay odds that it worries you far more than it does the pupster
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2007, 10:05 PM
when is the best time for the test?
Could his eyes etc still be developing, any amount or eye sight or hearing can only be good.
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2007, 10:14 PM
If I didnt live on the other side of the world, Id take him right now. This little guy has got me thinking....i dont know why, but I just know god made him that way for a reason. Let us know what you might do, or if you need any help what so ever. Im def. here if you need me!
hameldal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi,
Sorry i havnt been on for ages and have only just seen this post.

Right where to start! For one you have a white breed, as with Dalmatians deafness is - well not common but a breed trait for any fully white dog! The whiteness of the ears is the same gene for deafness and is probable in white dogs. Therefore althou the parents could be responsible the only way you will know is from bear hearing testing over generations and it can still occur, althou less from fully hearing parents.
The blindness could be a number of things, thou if he was basically a pup who may not have survived, could just be a byproduct of such.

I dont believe in playing God BUT in saving his life you have already begun.
All breeders have a responsibility to their pups to the breed and to the people who r taking on their dogs.
I see it like this, there r too many dogs already. It is a hard task to find a good home for a healthy thriving puppy anyway. & basically for one sick pup to find a home it could mean a healthy one in a shelter or elsewher gets pts.
At diasgnosis what is best for the puppy is clear, an unnawear, happy puppy will not endure any suffering if they r pts. However if not could become scared and not enjoy a fullfilling life.

I dont think it is fair of ANY breeder to pass on their mistakes, illnesses, unhealthy animals to anyone else, at all. If everyone did so breeds would be in a mess and it is not for the good of the breeds.
It is and will be for that dogs life your responsibility.
It was a wise wise person who said with great power comes great responsibility and becomign a breeder puts yourself in a position of power for those lives.

I can understand you wanting the best for him and trying to rehome him BUT no matter how you feel please look at everything from the puppies veiw now you have brought him this far.

I wish you all the best with him, but maybe if breeders knew potential problems before they started not as many people would breed, or would be well informed beforehand.
Jules xxxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi Toni
As you know I really sympathise with you, Molly was still born and my friend who played midwife saved her.Some dogs in my opinion are not meant to live but if they do its a second chance and should be cheered.
I think your trying to do the best you can for fluff and if that means rehoming instead of pts all credit to you.
your in a no win situation hun at the end of the day you do whats best for the dog if he gets of chance of life all credit to you .
With regarsd to breeders knowing the pitfalls there by the grace of god go I.......even the top breeders in Welshies have a genetic "blip" every now and then my friends show champion bitch had hips of 88, mum was 11 dad was 9 its one of those things
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by hameldal View Post
At diasgnosis what is best for the puppy is clear, an unnawear, happy puppy will not endure any suffering if they r pts. However if not could become scared and not enjoy a fullfilling life.
Any pup may end up having a bad life regardless of disability or not, and sadly many do end up in the wrong hands, being born perfect or not makes no difference in that regard.

Disability or should I say a human perceived `imperfection` should not be a reason to kill a pup.

My four deaf dogs, [ one of them also partially sighted and a tripod - no his name is`nt Lucky ], my deaf Bridge girl, and my blind moglet who passed away recently, would strongly disagree with you.

My blind moglet [ who was also mildy braindamaged but was oblivious of that herself ], had a wonderful life :smt049 and my `disabled` rescue dogs are very happy indeed with very full lives, including three of them doing Agility [ one only at puppy stage as she`s too young to actually jump, me being the instructor I`m very strict on that ], - which many perfectly able dogs never even get to try let alone compete in...

*They* - and its the dogs who count - are not aware that they are not `perfect` in some peoples eyes. They certainly are as `perfect` as any other dog in mine
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »