Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Lynn, Jimmi is the first dog that we have had a problem with. I suppose that if it was desperately necessary we would have doubled our efforts to resolve his problem. It isn't true SA, in that he only goes stupid when locked in the house on his own - he doesn't follow either of us about, and is totally happy inside on his own if we are out in the garden and out of sight. Just don't shut and lock the door!!! It sometimes does get me down a little that we are so tied now, but then I look at his little face and know that I would do anything to make his last years as happy as possible.
some of this is what I have with collie. I learned that her first five years she was locked alone 16/24 in a small dark shed .... they saw no wrong in that by the way. It took me two years to get her to go through a door normally She is fine when I am out unless it thunders but she has wee dog

Family assure me I have done well with her but I feel a failure on days like today.

I have just given her extra meds, hosed her down and put them to bed with a good feed. When I was outside with her, she wanted to go to their bedroom. She was barking non stop; that dreadful hysterical barking and almost never does that unless there is thunder. It may just be the heat; will see how she is later when it gets cooler. I can hear if they bark etc but all is quiet now; please God she sleeps now.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7